A few questions about Tyre edition

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by rigodon, Jan 23, 2016.

1. rigodon

rigodon Registered

Hi,

I want to edit wear and grip parameters from tyres in the last Formula ISI 1.60 mod. I've been reading "Tire Tool quickstart V3" document and I think these are the parameters to edit:

For wear:

AbrasionVolumePerUnitEnergy
    DegradationCurveParameters

For grip:

StaticBaseCoefficient
    SlidingBaseCoefficient

In the case of the wear not really sure if I should edit both of them or only one of them. In the case of the grip it's clear I have to edit both of them. Is it safe to just apply a percentage to this numbers in order to increase/decrease wear and grip?

Thanks in advance

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

AbrasionVolumePerUnitEnergy affects how much the rubber is worn; then DegradationPerWearFraction determines how much grip you lose because of it. You may want to adjust the second one instead, because adjusting the first will change the severity of flatspots.

Separately to that, you can set how much grip the rubber loses due to its history of overheating (so even when it's cooled back down to normal operating temperature, it doesn't have the same grip as before - regardless of the amount of wear (abrasion)).

DegradationCurveParameters sets the temperature where that history 'begins', and how quickly you step along the values that are defined in DegradationPerUnitHistory.

As for grip, yes, the two you've got are the base coefficients. You can change those by a percentage, and DegradationPerWearFraction too. The abrasion and heat degradation I'd consider separately.