A few question about missing stuff in beta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scopedk, Jan 10, 2012.

1. scopedk

scopedk Registered

I noticed some things that i previously have seen in screenshots that isn't in the beta which is:

- rain drops on visor and windscreen
    - more severe rain look in general
    - spray from rain
    - random weather (so you dont know anything about what will happen)

Will it be added?

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Some things had to be disabled for the beta. Of course they will be added. We have at least 6 months before final release. Lots of work for the Devs. Be patient :)

Known Issues (from the core files directory)

General
    ========
    -While driving Historics, AI can not safely slow down and enter their pit stall

Networking
    ========
    -Server does not warn user if IP port is already in use
    -No Server ping in MP Lobby
    -Some odd collision behavior is happening in multiplayer.

Graphics
    ========
    -Multiview is not working anymore / and very limited

Replay
    ======
    -There are some issues with special effects (smoke, skids, etc.) and loose objects (cones, haybales, etc.)
    -The 'Private Practice' option incorrectly affects replay, making other cars invisible or visible when they shouldn't be.

Tire Model
    ==========
    -Contact patch load distribution model is not final, which means tire pressure does not have the full effect that it should.
    -Aquaplaning is not implemented, so wet weather driving is only properly modelled when the track is damp but with no standing water.
    -Wear (meaning both abrasion and degradation) is incomplete in several aspects.
    -There are other relatively minor loose ends.
    -Curbs, white lines have almost no grip in rain

Collision
    =========
    -Loose objects (cones, haybales, etc.) "fall asleep" inappropriately, sometimes up in the air, and essentially turn into solid objects.
    -Sometimes intense collisions cause the simulation to fall out of realtime, which is very unpleasant. This is usually caused when objects manage to get partly inside each other, which unfortunately happens more often in multiplayer due to imperfect prediction.

Weather/RealRoad
    ================
    -Groove build-up and track wetness/drying happen at an artificial, accelerated rate.
    -Wind and humidity do nothing.

Controllers
    ===========
    -Some older force feedback drivers cannot handle rFactor2's high-fidelity update rate and in fact make the simulation fall out-of-realtime (you'll notice if things get jerky and slow and the purple bar on the CPU Time graph goes to 100%). There are two possible fixes: 1) get updated drivers from your hardware manufacturer (recommended), or 2) open up controller.ini and set "Skip Updates" to a non-zero value. Note that the presets for new Thrustmaster wheels include the second fix in case users haven't updated their drivers. Again, we recommend updating the drivers and setting "Skip Updates" back to 0.

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Does anybody know if ISI is planning on adding puddles on the tracks with wet weather?

4. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

I wouldn't think that white lines in the wet having almost no grip was a bug as such. They're very slippy in real life to the point where you'd think that having 'almost no grip' is about right!

Then again I don't know the numbers associated with 'almost grip' so will wait and see.

I drove a race in Sepang late in the afternoon with thunderstorms and given the lighting conditions, visibility was down to maybe 50-70 metres. Truly scary, an awesome experience.

5. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Seeing as they mentioned that aquaplaning doesn't work/isn't implemented yet, I'd say it's almost certain they'll add puddles.