A Few Queries - Audio, Halo, DRS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CRMS, Oct 28, 2020.

1. CRMS

CRMS Registered

I've got Audio 5.1 selected in menu but no sound out of rear speakers. 5.1 work in all speakers in ACC and in test they all work??

Can't find a setting to remove halo central pillar. Think it would be noticeable in real life, but not as much as in rf2??

DRS in F1 tracks/cars??

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The official mods with the halo offer a transparency option, but only to 20% I think - so it's very much still there, but you can make out vehicle shapes behind it. I think it's a good compromise, looks better than a halo but no central pillar at all, or the option to remove the halo completely on cars that have it. Of course those with VR have it like real life, where they're looking past it and it just becomes a double ghost (like looking into the distance with 2 fingers held together at arm's length).

I'm sure some third party mods will have done the same, some might be able to remove the halo completely, some might have no options at all.

These car specific settings are in the Tuning menu when you select your car. I'm assuming you're using the normal (non-beta) UI.

Yes, there's DRS. It's called Rear Flap in game, you can find it assignable in the controls settings. Its support (track and car) depends on the content, so will vary. As will the graphical support for showing DRS status in the car or HUD.

If you want audio cues like F1 I made a simple plugin that does a decent job of it. It also has optional 'shift beeps' that prompt you to change gear, with multiple configurable mappings. Again very F1 style, not sure how many lower categories have incorporated that sort of thing. That plugin is here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/drsshiftbeeps.61555/

CRMS likes this.
  3. CRMS

CRMS Registered

Great Lazza. Yes, a 20% would be fine. I'll add a cooment for the RSS F1 2020 developer.

>These car specific settings are in the Tuning menu when you select your car. I'm assuming you're using the normal (non-beta) UI.
    No idea. Day few of playing with rf2. I wanted to be able to belt round the Imola course before this weekends F1 race and the only one I could find was for rf2. And using the F1 2020 cars - the RSS ones.
    But haven't really got much idea how it all works. The anti stall gave me hassle for a long while - couldn't leave the pit!

4. Emery

Emery Registered

Correct. rF2 remains the only sim without surround sound.

CRMS likes this.
  5. CRMS

CRMS Registered

No 5.1 a shame and can't find a setting to mix stereo to 5.1. Interesting SIM though. Clearly very moddable and lots of DIY capability but a little rough round the edges.

6. Xzanman

Xzanman Registered

You can use speaker fill option in Windows, and use windows setting in the game audio options.

7. CRMS

CRMS Registered

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The PluginData\DRSShiftBeeps folder has the ShiftBeep.wav in it. You can replace that with any .wav file you like, even one of the other (DRS) ones you can just copy and then rename to that. Maybe try changing the volume to 100 first if you're having trouble hearing it - thousands of beeps over the course of a race can be really irritating if you have something too harsh or loud, and you will learn to hear that noise very well.

CRMS likes this.
  9. CRMS

CRMS Registered

Thanks. Might change to Morse code - Change the bloody gear!!

10. CRMS

CRMS Registered