A couple of UI improvements wanted:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Jul 4, 2021.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I KNOW the two following items only impact solo, offline players, but I thought I'd add one or two items for the devs to think about. @Paul Jeffrey , @Christopher Elliott , @Marcel Offermans

When I'm choosing opponents for a self-contained group of cars, for example Indycar1990. Could the opponent filter list the number of available AI cars in that category. Currently, if you want to get all the cars involved without duplicates, you have to count 8 or 9 cars, scroll the list, count 8 or 9 more, scroll the list etc. Just knowing that Indycar1990(32) has 32 available cars would make setting field sizes much simpler.

Next is a repeat of an old request, just adding it for a bump.

When choosing a track, please show the max # of pitstalls/garages available. With that information we can set the size of the opponent field and not have to worry about cars double parked in front of other cars, blocking the exit of those cars from garages. We won't have to worry about extra cars being dumped all over a parking lot back with the team tents at certain tracks. Just give us the information in a simple line of text when choosing the track so we know there won't be congestion before loading a track. The same format could be used. Indianapolis 2020(33) just some sort of advance notice would be appreciated.

pkelly, atomed and TJones like this.
  2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

That is up to the people that made the vehicle files... the vehicle filters, the other in which these are put in there matter.

So for example you could have the first category for all cars "indycar" and subsequent you could have "indycar dallara" etc

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's not the point.

When selecting available opponents you are changing the number of possible AI drivers. If you select a number of opponents greater than this, you start getting duplicates.

Dave wants the number of unique drivers (per current selection) visible so it's easy to have the correct number of opponents.

davehenrie likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yup, Lazza has the idea, I know it won't be possible with all cars due to having mixed carsets, but the self-contained series could or should have the max number of available cars. Right now there are some mods that use the S397 DLC and the 3rd party DPi cars to build carsets for each race of the 2019 and 2020 IMSA series. They have figured out how to group the cars so that the extra cars that raced at only the Rolex24hr event don't show up at Mid Ohio or Watkins Glen. So if they can sort the cars by track, one would hope they could also find ways to list how many cars a user has to limit the field to for each event.
    F1 often has 22 cars, but some years they had 24,or 20 and further back lots more. Rather than having to scroll through the list of available skins, figure out some way to count all the veh files that fall under a certain calendar/series. Then just give us a number.
    Same with garage stalls, there are text files that can be edited that tell us how long a track is, why not include space fore the number of pit spots so we don't EXCEED the number that track can manage normally. Get all this done BEFORE the track is loaded, saves us time, and allows for more time on track once we get there.

pkelly likes this.