A couple of mods/plugins I would like to see

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Rich Goodwin, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Firstly if either of these things exist, please, let me know and show me where :)

Ok so, there are two things on my wish list.

Ratings system

I would love to see some form of ratings system plugin. Very much alike what we see on iRacing. One metric being on straight performance, another being on level of incidents per race.

It is my understanding that both could be measured with the current set of tools provided by ISI.

In my mind this would open up the possibility to something like this;

Starter Series - Skip Barber
    Intermediate series - Formula Renault 3.5
    Expert Series - F1.

Each one restricted to a certain range within the performance metrics. I may well be alone in this, But I think it would be cool.

Automated server

I do think there is a tool which does a similar thing, but not quite to the level I am thinking.

I would love a server side application that I could program weekly to restart my servers at an allotted time.

For example, My series currently run Friday and Saturday nights from 19:00. I have to log on to my server and manually restart the server. It would be great to be able to input a time and date so I don't have to manually do this.

If there is a way around it, let me know :)

2. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Hi Rich, could you define more specifically what do you mean by performance?

How could such a plugin rate a driver's performance over time?

Cheers,

3. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Thinking about it more, I guess it would need a database.

My idea is say you were a "Beginner" and you did 10 races with an average of 15 or less incidents per race (either car contact or leaving the racing surface) then you would progress and be able to enter the intermediate server.

Performance would just be a rating based on finishing position.

I hope that makes sense. Not sure if its even possible.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Windows based servers could run through the scheduler Rich, you can close/start server and their profiles through this at any time you want.
    For us it required running each profile once so it was setup properly but after that it would run automatically.

And I think using batch files could do the same thing but never worked with that in a server environment.