A bit of help please people

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crosschris, Mar 1, 2016.

1. crosschris

crosschris Registered

Hello

I'm a long term simmer, having had rFactor 2 since the start, and coming from rFactor 1 and other sims. I recently upgraded to Win10 and despite my experience with solving sim related PC problems, can now no longer use rF2.

The Sim starts but within seconds (I don't need to press anything) the sim will crash back to desktop, a popup says it has crashed and windows will search for an explaination (which is lovely).

I have fully re installed Rf2 twice...fully deleted everything Rf2 related and re installed. I also tried the verify cache...and my graphics drivers are the most current.

As I said...Latest Win10 64bit, GTX970 with up to date drivers, i5, 8GB RAM

I notice in similar threads that people suggest looking in the event viewer...this would be nice if I could understand it!

Anyway any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2016
  2. AceLain

AceLain Registered

have you content installed ?

maybe the installation now point to a different folder and does not find anything ?

3. hak

hak Registered

I upgraded my laptop to win10 and experienced some problems. After some time trying to resolve them I simply gave up and did a re install or recovery of the OS. The problems were gone. I suggest doing a win10 restore.

Randy

4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Have you tried running as admin?
    What mods do you have installed? I suggest to firstly only install ISI content and try if it will run then.
    What about your firewall and anti virus software. Try to turn them off both and run rFactor2.

My 2 cents, hope you figure it out soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2016
  5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I would suggest to install rF2 outside an UAC controlled folder, may this helps.