SOLVED 64bit Crashing at Loading Screen

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by RaceNut, Nov 30, 2016.

1. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Hello Gents,:)
    . . . so I'm having issues in 64bit mode - even on a clean install (rF2 folders wiped). rF2 runs fine in 32bit mode but, that means I can't use SC4 / SimVibe so I'd really like to figure this out. I've tried various GPU-drivers with the same results but, I am running with Nvidia Surround mode - if that makes any difference. Oddly, 64bit mode did work once when I unplugged the Fanatec Shifter but, I haven't been able to reproduce that since.

I'm going to test with some different USB-device configurations just in case that is related but, no other titles I use are showing similar issues. I know some people have USB issues causing rF2 to crash (not at startup though) when running an AccuForce so maybe this is similar.

Update #1: I rearranged my USB connections several different ways but, found that the one common denominator is the Fanatec Shifter SQ; every time I plug it in, rF2 crashes at the loading screen (64bit mode). If I start rF2 without the shifter plugged in, rF2 64bit starts fine; then I plug in the shifter and rF2 stops working (Windows Error Message).

rF2 32bit mode still works fine with the Fanatec Shifter and I did update the firmware for the Fanatec USB plug with no improvement.

Update #2: Fanatec Support sent me a new version of the driver (v261) and Firmware (1.12) for the shifter - Problem Solved. :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016