6 months wait for update - refund

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrbblack, Feb 13, 2012.

1. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

If i have to wait 6 months for an update then i want a refund

the servers are empty

rather in my bank than theres

if theres not somethign better out by then like pcars etc by then then i might come back

sigh

2. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

personally, i love that i get a head start on learning how to mod and tweak things to my liking early

3. les

les Registered

exactly

4. bison160

bison160 Registered

ill bet you your refund...that you dont have to wait 6 months for an update, and you wont get your refund!

5. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

who said you had to wait 6 months for an update?

6. hushypushy

hushypushy Registered

hmm. What did you think you were getting in to by buying a BETA? Did you really expect constant updates and full servers? Did you really expect a full, fleshed out game experience before it's even done?

haha, and this is funny. If there's not something better out by then, eh? What about now? Judging by your dissatisfaction with the current product, it would seem that you're implying there are already plenty of better games out there!

rFactor 2 will eventually have a bunch of content. So hang on to your activation info, and play something else in the meantime ;)

7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Guys, please don't feed the troll!
    This guy is opening posts like this here on this forum and just goes wining about it, looking for a reaction.
    Please don't response?

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

there will always be responders, been the way of internet forums since the invention of internet forums ;)

9. ROON

ROON Registered

Judging by the sort of threads he's made on these forums, I'd wager that yes, he was expecting that.

http://isiforums.net/f/search.php?searchid=101201

10. les

les Registered

i dont know about you guys but i enjoy practicing offline, working on a track im building, since i dont walk very well anymore this is my relaxation. rfactor was fun and i still do rf1 but rf2 has so much more to offer, even now it is better than rf1, i know in time it will even be better. so i dont mind waiting, will it be worth the wait hell yes it will, my personal opinion.

you know we waited along time for rf2, was ISI ready to release the beta, sometimes i think they were not but us pushy people wanted something so they gave what they had ready, maybe it was to early to release the beta, but i will give them credit i dont care how long i have to wait. i wont ask is there any updates,ISI will release when they are ready.

11. bander

bander Registered

sincerely. really see how bad the game? I am amazed at what I see. Today I tried the idolized p.cars and of course I prefer rfactor 2 100%. blah blah graphics dx 11 and that after driving the car and it's like playing cogiera again race driver 2. come on.

ISI just hope she does well and plug those big mouths.

12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

yep. pcars sucks arse and SMS hasn't put out a sim before. No proven track record like ISI. Personally I think Dirt 3 graphics blow away pcars in that department but what do I know? I think skyrim has good graphics. lol.

1 person likes this.
  13. ROON

ROON Registered

This whole P.CARS vs rF2 forum-wide debate is almost as bad as the CoD vs BF fanboy wars.

14. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

What's wrong, can't get instant gratification like your smart-phone, or are whacked from watching too much television? Good things come to those who wait, as the saying goes. Try it.

Alan

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

...and these are the days of our lives. :p

16. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Well, to be fair, Ian Bell and many others in SMS were part of the original SimBin team who made GTR, GTL, and GTR2.

But yes, SMS in it's current form has not released a sim yet.

17. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Ian Bell loves throwing that around but the reality of it is they were part of the simbin team and not the entire team.

I think if you're going to use a sim as a benchmark as far as graphics is concerned use Assetto Corsa. Those screenshots look excellent in my opinion. pCars? meh.

18. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

bunch a whiny B(*&$ don't know an update or a beta if it bit them on their collective asses. I know this place isn't mine but I would be deleting a bunch of these waste of space threads.

19. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

:d

+1

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  20. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

For what it's worth, pCARS and rF2 are both kickass, and still have a long way to go (~6 months and over a year respectively) and CoD vs BF is about the same comparison as (the single-player mode of) Diablo vs Skyrim.