5 things I really would like to see in future releases...

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Marco Bijl, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

- Opponent selection enabled in Dedicated Server Car selection
    To limit the number of vmods needed, it would be great if you can actually remove the OPTION to choose a car rather then not allowing it in the game. When starting the server, there are 3 lists; Allowed, Selected cars, Opponents. When you have all car's available in the vmod, the opponents will be all cars, no matter if you allow, or disallow a series. It would be so much better if you can simply remove the allowed opponents in the third list.

- Custom icons for Dedicated server, to keep track of which server is which (port issue)
    When you use multiple instances at 1 server, it's hard to keep track which running game is which install. It would be SO easy if the icons displayed in the top of the dedicated server instance was customizable, so you can select server 1, 2 or 3. Up to 9 servers would do for most occasions I think.

- Option to create new base mod, including previous updates, which has same result as the original base mod including updates till then.
    In time, some mods will be updated frequently. For this, I will take Searspoint as an example. Currently, there are 3 updates, and 1 base mod. It would be great if it is possible for the creator to make a new base mod, containing all from the original base mods, and all updates. I know this is possible already, but if you do so know, you get 2 different end products. What I would like to see is that the end products become the same in some how. So, if the creator releases yet another update, it would be applicable to both the original content (1 base mod + the 3 current updates), AND the newly created base mod. As the content of both end products it's the same, that would be very convienient in some cases. Think about a continuosly updated custom skin pack. Newcomers would have to install ALL the updates, which with a skinpack easily can go over 25. It would be great if we could make a new base after each lets say 10 updates for the newly joining players, while the ones who have all first 10 updates installed can also use future updates.

- Scroll bar in list MOD_ID's, in Launcher
    During time, there will be a lot of vmods created. If you click the View Mods option in the launcher application, you get an overview of registred mod IDs. When there are more registred IDs then space, the latest ones will not be displayed, only the first.
    A scrollbar would solve that issue in the most easy way.

- Option to remove MOD ID's from the list (personal housekeeping)
    Related to the conclusion above. When a lot of mods are made, there might be a personal interest in cleaning up to keep the list "viewable". It would be handy if we can remove (old) vmod registrations.

I can supply screenshots of all I have refered to here, but I assume you all know what I mean :)

Marco.