3DSMax2012 and plugins rFactor2: Problems

Discussion in 'Modding' started by javirulo007, Jul 25, 2014.

1. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

Hi all,
    I have problems with the plugins of rF2 to make them work in 3DSMax 2012
    I put the plugins in the pluginfolder, and coreshaders in the hardwareshaders folder but still does not work.
    Any help on this topic
    Thanks in advance, and regards

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Did you note the hints in the "ReadMe" for the MAX Plugins?

And what exactly is the problem?
    Are the Plugins loaded in the Plugin-Manager?
    Is the converter not available?
    Is the gmotor material not available in the material editor?

3. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

I think so
    The readme says
    "Note: gMaterial and gTexture plugins do not work with new slate material editor, please use the compact material editor.

New Feature: gMaterial plugin now uses ShaderGFX.mas to get it's shader list. This is an unencrypted mas with shader description files.

New Feature: The first time the Material Editor is launched and a gMaterial is selected, you will be prompted for the location of the ShaderGFX.mas file. Use ModDev\Shared or Core\Shared as you locations. The gMaterial editor has a button at the bottom to reset this location. After restarting Max, you will be prompted for a new location."

So
    - I changed to compact material editor.
    - did all the instruction related to ShaderGFX.mas
    But still don't have the .gmt files as an option to import and when i tried to import any gmt of rFactor2 (selecting all files filter *.*) i get the next messages: "No appropiate import module found", and when i click accept, "Improper file format".

Any hint for solving it?

4. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

The plugins are only for exporting, not importing.

5. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

And how we can import .gmt files to 3DSMax? or how can i convert a gmt (rF2) to a 3DSMax format, and then be able to import it?

6. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

If you are running 3dsmax you are expected to be able to build your own assets. I don't know how to get a gmt into 3dsmax other than with some software like 3dsimEd which converters seem to use.

7. redapg

redapg Registered

OK, that was the misunderstanding. You did expect something for what the Plugin isn't made for.

Like wgeuze said and i would agree to that, most people use the 3DSimEd3 to convert the rF2 gmt and get them into 3DSMax.

And, but i'm not sure about this, Mario Morais adapted the gmt importer 0.94 for rFactor1, to be able to import rF2 gmt directly.

Try to send a PM and ask him directly.

8. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

thanks to all.
    Anyhow, I model for rF1 and rF2 and I have 3Dmodels in other formats, other programs. This is my first get-into 3DSMax and I don't have original files from 3DSMax, so it is supposed that I will have to convert my designs into 3DSMax format.
    That was the problem
    Thanks for the support
    Regards

9. redapg

redapg Registered

When you create models for rFactor1 and can export them in rF1 gmt format, simply take the gmt importer 0.94 for importing the rF1 gmt into 3DSMax (works for me with 3DSMax 2009 and 2010). Then you "just" have to adapt the materials and can export the gmt's in rf2 format.

10. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

The gmt importer of Mario Morais can only import rF1 GMTs. Direct import of rF2 GMTs is not possible.

See this thread as well http://isiforums.net/f/showpost.php?p=292111

Sent with Tapatalk

11. redapg

redapg Registered

English is not my native language, so maybe i understood something wrong when reading THIS?

EDIT I've just seen that you seem to be right. I was conducted into the mistaken, because it was posted in the "rFactor 2 Discussion (English)\rFactor 2 Modding\Track Modding" forum-section.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014