3D Problem, help me please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bart S, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Bart S

Bart S Member

Ok so I cant say I noticed a problem when I first started using 3D it only recently has become apparent.
    Whats happening is when my monitor switches into 3D mode I get a pink/red hue tint, it makes the clouds look really ugly in rfactor2 and its messing with my eyes really bad. Now I'm not sure whether this has occured through an rFactor2 update as I have the same problem on 2 pcs. Its could be the monitor or it could be the 3D software, I have tried uninstall reinstall and I'm not sure what to try next.

Does anybody else have this problem, anybody know what it can be?

Sometimes when I step out of rfactor2 the hue/tint remained on desktop however when I use the test facility in nVidia CP I dont have this problem.

Could the be to do with HDR aaaarrrghh its so annoying and makes rFactor unplayable in 3D for me.

My monitor is Benq XL2411T nVidia driver 320.49 WHQL.

2. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I am running same driver with 3DTVPlay with HDR and it works perfectly for me.

3. Joe Campana

Joe Campana Registered

Hi Bart - I have seen similar problems with the Dell 2408WFP. If you use a fullscreen mode like 1680x1050, the monitor interprets this as a multimedia mode and would change the color and gamma settings. I worked around this by disabling DDC or whatever it's called - the computer-to-monitor comm channel.

4. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Using 3D and latest driver - Samsung TV and no color problem.

5. Bart S

Bart S Member

Ok so I found it was a problem with my monitor the Benq XL2411T it seems that it adds the tint in 3D lightboost mode as a post processing effect, I dont know why it is really crap the way it looks on my screen, but again I cant say I really noticed it when I first got it going. So after much searching I found more information after finding the correct term which is crimson tint. The information I found is below it makes everything look much better near perfect in 3D.

The BENQ XL2411T Crimson Fix

Zero crimson tint with BENQ LightBoost!
    On the subject of BENQ color calibration, I cancel out the crimson tint via nVidia Control Panel, by doing the following:

Monitor OSD
    Monitor's Contrast Setting = 48

nVidia Control Panel - "Adjust Desktop Color Settings"
    Adjust them individually, R, G, B.
    ---
    R Contrast = 30%
    G Contrast = 50%
    B Contrast = 30%
    ---
    R Brightness = 10%
    G Brightness = 50%
    B Brightness = 10%
    ---
    R,G,B Gamma = 1.05 (...or a higher value, but set all of them to the same value).

Thanks for your help guys.

6. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Nice info - no Benq here but could get handy for others.