3d needle to cockpit with shadows

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Pauli Partanen, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Hello!

Is it possible to add 3d needle to cockpit with shadows? Don't remember any mod with it.

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Not seen that either. I get the idea your looking for. All the ones we see now don't really look alive. Flat with no depth were a 3D one would.

Though, it is possible to make the textured Targa ones look a little more alive. Add a little bevel to the needle and most have a black or silver button at the needles pivot. Bevel that a little. Add a drop shadow. On the gauge face, don't use black. Use a dark grey, then you can add shadowing on it with black. That helps to add depth to the hole gauge.

This is a sample of a Nissan R35 road car. Cause the needle is add only as a example here. Normally it's a separate Targa texture. But you can see by this how you can add depth to a 2D texture by using a dark gray as the base color and add shadowing.
    CSV_Logo.jpg
    I had a few screenshots of it in-game but I don't think I have them any more. Can't find them. It was in rF2 but I don't think I've still got the mod here any more either. It was a Mak-Corp mod. Never got to a release stage at all.
    Anyway,
    Have fun... Haha.

3. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

No rF2 cannot do 3d needles or shadows on them sadly

4. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Sadly! 3d needles would look badass.

Thanks for tips d.painter. :)