370Z Skinning

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by lordpantsington, Jan 30, 2013.

1. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

So I've found that the front glass should be named *AltWindShieldout.dds, But what about the rear/side glass? I've tried *AltWindow, *AltWindows, *AltWindowsdout, *AltExtra0 and run out of things to guess. Please Help? Much Appreciated.

2. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

open by mas2.exe file named 370z map.mas and check what that .dds is named

3. lordpantsington

I have already opened 370z_Teams.mas and 370z.mas. It is where I pulled the names listed above. None of them seem to show up in the showroom if used. It is possible that the rear glass is not wildcarded correctly.

My specific example is :
    Main skin: 370z_07Alt.dds
    Front Glass: 370z_07AltWINDSHIELDOUT.dds

The only thing that seems to follow the naming convention for WC materials is "370Z_08WINDOWSDOUT.DDS" My thought is that this is misnamed and the texture "370z_Windows_Out.dds" in the 370z.mas is actually being picked up and used. It will very hard to tell the difference between the two, since they are essentially the same texture.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
  4. lordpantsington

Mwahhahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!

Sometimes it helps to take a step back. 1) Material names are clearly visible in a gmt. 2) I can extract the gens and gmts. I broke out ye olde hex editor.

What I found was that the side and rear glass does not have a WildCarded material. Methinks 370Z_08WINDOWSDOUT.DDS is indeed a massed texture not being called by any gmt.

If rf2 will pick up a loose texture for an overwrite, the correct name for the texture is: 370Z_WINDOWS_OUT.DDS