32 or 64bits?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Louis, May 16, 2017.

1. Louis

Louis Registered

How do i check if steam is launching the 64 bit rf2 version?
    When i check on task manager after choosing rf2 in my steam games, it shows "Launch rf2 (32 bits)" but i donĀ“t know how to check when rf2 is playing

2. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

rf2 is running in 64bit as default. If you want to run 32bit then you can change that in the launcher under settings. Dunno exactly how the comment is called.

Louis likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

In the launcher, when you go to the video settings, there will be a small checkbox that says "Force 32bit" below most of the Video information. IF you click on that you will put the program into 32bit mode. I did that by accident early in my rF2 days(just last summer) and found I could not load one particular track. (Road America v1.43) everyone else was driving it, but I got a CTD everytime I tried to load it. UN-checking the 32bit box allowed the program to access more memory and thus the track was able to load.(found all this out AFTER the fact!)
    Another way to tell if a program is 32 or 64bit is press ctrl-alt-del. Then choose the Task Manager. It will list the programs running and will often show if the program is 32 or 64bit

Louis likes this.
  4. Louis

Louis Registered

thank you gsuy, manage to check and it is all good. Running 64 like it should