2nd qualifying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WheelNut, Nov 1, 2012.

1. WheelNut

WheelNut Banned

this may have already been posted somewhere
    is there away to have 2 or more qualifying sessions without splitting the vehicles into groups so qualifying1&2 has all vehicles on track
    thx

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Not yet, no.

3. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Does that mean that it is planned??? or is it a maybe one day, maybe not???

4. 88mphTim

I haven't heard it being started, but I have heard someone say 'we can't do that, because that would stop us ever being able to do multiple qualifying sessions'

So not a yes, but not a no either.

5. Marco Boy

Marco Boy Registered

...."Not, yet no", or "we can't do", or.... "not a yes, but not a no"......what kind of answer are these??????

Guys... i know it's a beta but really seems that what the ISI right hand do the ISI left hand.. undo..... (New version stuttering, then no lights on track, then no Join button)

In the whole forum i never read a 'reply' to a 'normal question'..... for a beta version of a game... "probably", "should", "i have heard"......

Who of you here really know something about this 'beta' game??

Adn of course, mine it's not a compliant, but simply an observation...

Regards..
    Marco

6. 88mphTim

You must have missed my first reply in this thread, which was a straight answer. My next replies came from that straight answer not being good enough for those asking. Explanations. Situations. Observations.

They are "don't know" answers. You'll only get "yes" or "no" answers where it is possible to give them. Like the thousands of times they have been (and you haven't spotted). I try to respect people enough to reply to them, even if I don't know the answer at the time I reply. I also choose not to lie and give an answer when I don't know for sure. Sorry about that.

This post is also from 2012. Many things are unknowns and uncertainties now, many more were that way in 2012.

When you purchased, whether during beta or after (right now on the purchase page) it stated rF2 was going to be an ongoing development. Software development is the things you're talking about.

7. Marco Boy

Marco Boy Registered

Sorry.. i don't wont less respect you and all ISI work.

I'm not complain about the game, I know it's a beta version and, like you said, ongoing deployment; my compliant (or my 'notice') is that the build 590 should be better than 482, and I hope next xxx version will be better than actual 590.... otherwise it is not a deployment... or not?

Over forum I search and found that all problem of actual build (590) not present in 482 are discussed without any satisfing answer... only pages and pages of comment about users that, like me... DON'T KNOW anything about a game deployment.... so that it is absolutely unuseful to add any word in these threads.....

I missed the post was of 2012 but this confirm that seems that user don't care about the qualify mupltiple session (I care it....) and you really don't know anything about this (your words) and so that, I appreciate the fact you try to asnwer all user but sometimes it is better to answer "i don't know".....

There is nothing bad to don't know something even if you are the developer and if I read "I don't know" I didn't care to reply... you don't know... i hope is don't know.. not i don't want to say to you anything i know.... ( :) I'm confusing myself here)

Just to let you know.... I LOVE rFactor 2 and rFactor 1.. a LOVE ISI simulation and I really hate this new era of beta versions that seems only a 'placebo' for those who are tired (like me) of old games...... the first of all was Project C.A.R.S.... how many years form the first beta (2011)??????

Now Assetto Corsa... and i don't know if there are others, don't care other game but ISI rF2 now, but.. damn, at a certain point of the "circle of life" (King Lion) all the 'bugs' will become a BUTTERFLY...(or it will die bug) awful or wonderful is a risk that developers and users must run....

By the way I understand, I (we???) have only to wait next build hoping problems will solved.... and hoping one far far away day this wondeful beta version will became a 'game'... (could help a princess kiss????)

I hope you will read this reply like I have wrote it... whit a big smile on the face.... forum is the better place where words could be misunderstood

Best regards...
    Marco

8. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Was surprised by the number of days without these productive topics.

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Kinda agree with his general consensus though.

10. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yeah, kind of great post here Marco!

Yes we are all in the one or the other way a "victim" of this rF2 Beta....
    And I too think that the way of development by ISI is a bit..... chaotic? uncoordinated?
    I mean: when I make a succesor to a great sim that is much about modding, then I would
    spread out a whole, complete documentation of techniecs and stuff.
    And: a Beta is something different to a "ongoing development".
    I´m going off topic here so...

Greets and peace,
    Pete

11. 88mphTim

This, specifically, I can understand. I don't understand why not being able to give a better answer when you've already given one that should suffice, is as negative as that. I think if Marco had said what you said and how, I would have replied like I am to you.

I think portions of the dev team were continuing to work like they didn't have a product in the public. Throw it into the build and almost see what happens (to paraphrase, they cared more than I make it sound). Recently there were some discussions about this (after B494 and up to the release of 590) about how we need to change in that regard. This does mean though that some of the next few builds, which may be released quicker (we'll see on that), may be more a cleaning of house, fixing where possible, rather than clean innovation.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Woot! :D