24h Race Nürburgring Nordschleife - 21st November 2015

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Freddy3792, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

[​IMG]

Here all you need to know about the Nordschleife 24h event in a nutshell:

Introduction:
    The aim of the event is to replicate the famous 24hour race on the Nürburgring Nordschleife as close as possible. The format of the qualification as well as the race and start procedure have been inspired by the realworld counterpart. We want to offer a well organized fun event which is approachable for new simracers as well as the top drivers in simracing. The full event will be streamed in english as well as german to create an overall great event.

The cars:
    The race will take place on the 21st November 2015 around the famous Nürburgring Nordschleife.
    We will be running 3 classes GT3, Touring and Renault Clio Cup with a total of 12 cars to choose from.

The cars range from easy to drive beginner cars like the Renault Clio Cup over well known touring cars like the Honda BTCC or the Nissan 370z GT4 up to the newest GT3 machinery from BMW, McLaren, Mercedes, Nissan etc.
    The GT3 mod consists of several cars from the well known Apex GT3 Mod with some minor modifications (open differential settings, adjusted damage model, corrected BOP, pre-CPM tires until CPM gets fixed) as well as the GT1, GT2, GT3 cars from ISI, which have each been adjusted to match the speeds of the Apex Modding cars.

Qualification races (24th, 27th, 31st October):
    To ensure that all drivers are familiar with the starting procedures as well as with the driving in traffic we are organizing three Qualification races with the participation in two of them being mandatory for all teams (exceptions are possible).
    These races will take place on the 24th, 27th and 31st of October with a duration between 1 and 2 hours. The top 3 GT3 cars will as well be able to secure a spot in the Top 15 Qualification session.

All details regarind the qualification races can be found here: http://nords24.net/forum/index.php?board=4.0

Qualification sessions (13th - 14th November):
    We will run two main qualification sessions of 2hours. The first session will be run in the evening on Friday 13th November in night time conditions. The second session will be on Saturday afternoon at daytime conditions. The sessions will be open to all classes, so make sure to watch your mirrors as well being respectful to other drivers.

The Top 15 GT3 cars will run another short session in the late afternoon. All cars will have one run with two flying laps to try and better their previous efforts on a traffic free Nordschleife. The cars will start in 20 second intervalls from the pits to do a full outlap before they start their flying laps. The order will be decided by a draw.

Details can be found (again) here: http://nords24.net/forum/index.php?board=4.0

Main race (21st - 22nd November):
    The race will be held on the 21st November 2015 and the formation lap is scheduled to start at 15:45 GMT. To ensure a save start the grid will be split up into two starting groups which both will do a full outlap before the rolling start on the Start/Finish straight on the Grand Prix track. The race will take full 24hours with a complete day/night cycle and changing weather conditions. As the rain tires are far from perfect on most cars as well as the track being incredibly long it will be a dry race, but still expect weather(sunny, cloudy etc.) as well as temperature changes that are similiar to real world conditions.

Here you find the race thread with all details: http://nords24.net/forum/index.php?topic=36.0

How can I take part???
    To sign up your team checkout this thread: http://nords24.net/forum/index.php?topic=13.0

2. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

3. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

No GT1s available. I guess that is the BES conversion GT1 on that screenshot.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

4. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Don't know where I got it... It seems to me a Shift conversion... not sure who did it. But they did a great job with the physics. It feels awesome.

5. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

Yep, but thats a killer right there. We wont use any content that could violate copyrights. In the worst case we would need change cars right before the race, so we choose cars that are no payware and legal :)
    You can still get a lots of GTs:
    Chevrolet Corvette GT2, Chevrolet Camaro GT3, Nissan GT-R GT1, BMW Z4 GT3, Mercedes SLS GT3, McLaren MP4-12C GT3, Porsche 911 GT3, Ferrari 458 GT3

The GT1 and GT2 got engine and weight adjustments to match GT3 speeds.

You can as well get a BMW E90 WTCC, Honda BTCC and Nissan 370z GT4 ;)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

6. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Oh yeah, I wasn't suggesting using that one. But a Ford GT. I actually have some car bodies. But yeah too close to race... I think I'm already registered with a team. It's gonna be cray cray. Props for putting it on.