2016 Stock Cars World Series @SimRacing-GP.net

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by SRGP, Jan 11, 2016.

1. TheScrapanator

TheScrapanator Registered

Look at the website forum under section Rfactor 2 when you have the chance, thinking of running an IndyCar league, rounds are still work-in-progess.

2. SRGP

SRGP Registered

3. TheScrapanator

test race today at 3pm cst

4. Traveller

Traveller Member

I missed the Indy race. I'll try to make the Jacksonville race.

5. SRGP

SRGP Registered

That would be great !
    Same as Indy, it will be a No Point Round, for fun and testing. I am planning Fuel and Tyre Wear x2 again, to force more pit stops, and probably 60 laps to make it (relatively) short but intense.

6. SRGP

SRGP Registered

OK, let's go to Jacksonville for some Restrictor Plates action ! Sign up open.

[​IMG]

Reminder : if you want to participate in the Teams Championship, don't forget to indicate your Team Name.
    A Manufacturer Championship will be added too. That means you will be asked to not change car Manufacturer (Centennial/Edgar/Titan) after the first Official Event of the Series.

7. SRGP

SRGP Registered

If someone wants to broadcast via Twitch or anything else, you can post a link !

8. mrb55

mrb55 Registered

Some RFactor 2 Stockcar newbie questions (former Nascar 2003 Racing driver)

Sorry but I have a few newbie questions. I have extensive experience with Nascar Racing 2003 but am somewhat new to Rfactor 2's StockCar mod. Are there any fixed setups available? I haven't really had any time to try and tweak the car and want to get some more laps in with a better setup if someone has something decent. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Also, is there a way to improve the rear view mirror details? I have a decent system and wanted to be able to view the true rear view mirror details (track, stadium, vehicles, and sky) if that is possible. Finally, are there any better spotter packs than the default? I used to use the Jimmie Johnson - Chad Knaus Spotter pack http://www.dwarehouse.com/beta/index.htm for Nascar 2003 Racing and loved it. Something like that would go a long way to increasing the realism in this sim.

Thanks again.

mrb55

9. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Hi, always good to ask questions ! Well, I am not sure I have the answers, though :eek:

For the setup, I am not an expert myself but I am sure someone would give a decent one as a starting base. I'd say the default setup is good but understeery. Otherwise, the setup process and logic might not be very different from Nascar 2003. In this post Woodee has shared 2 charts exposing a setup process.
    If you are talking about fixed upgrades (in the "Tuning" menu when selecting the car), then yes, this is active so that everybody has the same car configuration (except the "Wheelbase" option). I will have a practice server up in a short time.

For the rear view mirror image quality, there is this thread explaining things I am not sure to understand :rolleyes: In short, rear view quality seems to be track or mod dependant by default, but you can try to adjust it by changing these lines, at the cost of framerate.

For the Spotter, there is this Gerald Jacobson plugin I have not yet found the time to test. I don't know if it is capable doing what you are looking for but it seems very complete.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
  10. SRGP

SRGP Registered

11. TheScrapanator

12. TheScrapanator

series starts officially today.

13. TheScrapanator

14. SRGP

SRGP Registered

This is Rolf Just passing Eazor for the Win @ SCWS Mountain Peak 555 !
    It happened in the 2nd half of a 45 laps long Green flag period, on lap 218, 28 laps after the restart, and 17 laps before the Checkered.
    He illustrates what Oval racing is about : not just raw speed.

[​IMG]

Round 2/21 "Brookdale 200", on the technical egg-shaped Brookdale Speedway is this Saturday, Feb 20th @ 20:00 UTC, for a shorter 140 lap race (90min. expected).

15. SRGP

SRGP Registered

16. SRGP

SRGP Registered

That Brookdale "Egg"-shaped oval was very technical and caused again tyre wear headaches to some Drivers.
    A picture of the last Restart (Green-White-Checkered for the record !)

[​IMG]

Round 3/21 "Eagle Creek 200" is this Saturday, Mar 5th @ 20:00 (UTC, check your local time on the website).

17. SRGP

SRGP Registered

18. SRGP

SRGP Registered

S. Yashin may have been dominating the #3 Eagle Creek 200 during the long Green flag period, a late Caution threatened his well deserved victory !
    Here he finally passes SRGP for the lead with 2 laps to go (tyres gave up a bit too soon :eek:).

[​IMG]

Round #4/21 Apple Valley 200 is this Saturday 19 March 20:00 UTC (21:00 CET / 16:00 EDT / 13:00 PDT -> check your local time on the website)

19. TheScrapanator

Apple Valley Speedway this weekend!!!

20. machine

machine Registered

Hi all, looks like a nice series. I just released 2 tracks, Phoenix and Daytona. 2 conversions from Stock Car Evoution tracks I built 4-5 years ago. (I only partially built the original Daytona - Track surface only was totally replaced using existing objects.) Both have brilliant AI for some short offline races. AI tend to pit too early for running long races. Both have minor graphic issues, but great track shape. The leagues who have used both tracks have loved them. It has been great to finally have a Superspeedway you can push some all the way around.

Both tracks in released area, and also on Steam.

Is this league time friendly for Australia, and are you full?