1st Round of BETA Updates..??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mitt Wilson, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

+1 "Radar Love" :rolleyes:

2. Richard P

Richard P Registered

and would be nice if the graphics get the biggest update and would look a little like this!!
    thats a big disapointment in my opinion and comeon the game looks like rf1 and we are 2012
    even for a beta i had great hopes i would be from the start a complete new engine and it lookt that way in the movies i saw prior to the beta realease.
    hopefully the get it right with updates and fix this.
    its a great game already even for a beta but the graphics are bad.....

3. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

i have DQ'ed myself and started from the pitlane and still took a podium finish. ;)

4. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

rFactor2 needs the spray turned on and water drops on the windscreen and visor are off too in the beta i believe, so will get better.
    What is the on bike riding like in sbk2012, have they finally got the head cam movements correct?

here are some rf2, but will get better once the spray and drops are turned on I'm sure, but not as bad as some people like to make out i reckon :)

but i suspect its all down to personal taste ;)

5. Anonim

Anonim Registered

I d0n't understand why so many people complain about rfactor 2's graphics! please put all graph settings to max and look at it!!!

6. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

Indeed :)

7. Slothman

Slothman Registered

I know...

I even signed up to iRacing with all the "iRacing Graphics are better" and went and fired up rF1 after the "this is rF1.5" comments....

Than I realised....graphics are a personal opinion....and personally...I think they are amazing and IMMERSIVE....and I am not even running full detail and we are still expecting more according the much ignored Knowissues.txt file.

8. Anonim

Anonim Registered

I have to admit, IMMERSIVE is a good word to describe its graphics! :) ..and of course amazing. I love visual quality in rf2! :)

9. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

The graphics are definitely beyond rF1 even at this point what with the lighting and shadows. When they add ambient and shadow occlusions it'll look better still, the post processing effects will also make it look nicer, and who knows what else they've got up their sleeves.

10. Quertreiber

Quertreiber Registered

gimme gimme gimme gimme

Dear Santa....

11. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

Because the graphics are pore even on max everything. ( and i'm not talking about the lack of horable filters and VFX)

For me physics are Far more important than graphics and the Rf2 engine can support better graphics with the systems they have in place so at least the fundamentals work well just need to hope the visuals come along with time.

But fact is the interface looks terrible and the graphics in general as seen so far in the beta are not far from Rf1.

RF2 lacks polish in the visual department its the same with Rf1 Its likely RF2 will stay that way although who knows by the end of the beta it might be allot better. Talking about the interface and UI Just look at the fonts in the game and the way things are presented so chunky it looks like a DOSS game.

I think on the code side Rf2 is solid ( with what's available to the artists) , visually I just don't think ISI have any artists that can execute to a level that makes the game look more modern.

That could be due to time constraints and many other factors , the tracks do function really well though.

In general allot of the Assets are really nicely modeld in Rf2 I think its largely a issue of colour saturation and unity of objects in the scene as a whole so maybe some tweaks on the code side would improve things substantaily.

12. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

if they are that impatient then go update Something else lol
    I would rather wait for an update that fixes more than it breaks which is the normal procedure when Game Developers release updates before they are finished.

13. Anonim

Anonim Registered

it's 30th of january.. still no updates.. ISI please, say something!

at least, are you planning to release something within this week or next?

14. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

We need a sarcasm tag here. =)

EDIT: Just in case you were serious, they never promised monthly updates, and even if they had, it wouldn't mean that the updates start in the same month the game was released in. =)

15. Crippyoh

Crippyoh Registered

Dynamic weather, drying line, semi-intelligent AI, track temps, ect... cant wait for full version, i would say these are nice steps forward, but really these are just steps to catch up with features some driving sims had 10 years ago , sims that ISI themselves worked on, theres plenty of eye candy out there if thats what you want, the graphics look good in my opinion, i think the efficiency of how they run just needs to be tightened up some.

As far as iracing goes, the speed they update that sim, it will be 5 years to never before they incorporate these kind of details..although would like to see RF2 contain the nice damage deformation iracing has, even though wings and pieces of car bodies dont break off

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We're not going to give a schedule, as it is always possible we could miss with a beta product (and as much as we know you guys know it's a beta, we are going to try not to break it so will do some internal testing first). ;)

We'll post updates to inform and you'll then be able to update by going to the Update section of the launcher.

17. gniewko

gniewko Registered

Just wondering, if it would be possible to get some info, for instance once a week/two weeks in a few words from DEVs, which things they are currently targeting, of course w/o any promises about releases etc ...

18. Darkmater

Darkmater Registered

Well from the update side of things I think there are two paths:

1) Are the under the hood updates: AI, Physics, etc
    2) Are content updates/releases: Cars / Tracks

I can see how (1) can impact the game / break it, but (2) I can't see how that would break the game. I am more interested in (2) and what the plans are for introducing new Cars / Tracks during the beta.

Any word on that? To me I think its something that falls in the keep em interested side of things where a independent track added here and there or car would be of great benefit to the driving/maintaining interest in the game.

19. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

That is not what a beta is about IMHO. It gives us the opportunity to try out what is available, report issues but most importantly post our solutions to issues. The open beta extends to a load of combinations of hardware and an array of resource who can help try different tweaks and report them back.

I don't expect a continual release of content, it just increases the combinations of car/track content to fix with common issues discovered. In my view it should presnt an opportunity for customers to try it and feedback to the developers and fellow customers their experiences. The pool of resource in the enthusiast community can play a huge part.

Now the success of how mods can be made is part of the testing but I think the aim should be to understand and improve the potential rather than satisfying a craving for content, that comes with the full release.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

on the flip side releasing more content could pose more problems with solutions to be found before the game goes Gold, sure right now the focus should be on the core elements of the game (Graphics, Sound, Physics, Modability and all that) but once they've been ironed out a few extra goodies/mod updates wont go amiss IMO.