10 inch tyres

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by StrawmanAndy, Apr 10, 2019.

1. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I've been searching around, but I'm struggling to find a 10" rim tgm from s397 or any mods.

My questions are, does anyone know of a 10" rim tgm? Or if we can edit the TBC of a 13" and make it 10"?

I'm looking to create a 160/490-10 size tyre.

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

It's not that easy that you just edit the tbc and that's it.
    The best situation is, when the 3D of tires and rims matches their sizes that are written in the tbc and the sizes that the tgm have.
    To get matching tgm, you can use the integrated size multiplier, i would say.

3. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I'm aware you can edit the size of the tgm, but I've only done it for matching rims. It's more a question of if can you edit the tgm rim size (if possible)? If the tgm can be edited to represent the 160/490 size and then edit for the right rim?

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I would suggest to try it out, how a modified tire behaves.
    Use the size multiplier in the tgm file to get the wanted tire size.
    And the only values (i would say) in the tgm, that kind of represents the rim, is 'RimVolume' in the [QuasiStaticAnalysis] section of the tgm and 'RingAndRim' for each node.
    Here i would only adapt the RimVolume value, which is explained with 'Volume of air (m^3) of wheel rim, used to determine actual tire volume'.
    But ensure, that the tbc has the correct sizes too.

StrawmanAndy likes this.
  5. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Andy,
    Have you tried using the tools from Chris' (redapg) web page?
    http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlineTools/
    I've had pretty good success with it tho admittedly I've always started with a tire that's pretty close to what I'm trying to get to. It does alter the physical shape of the .tgm but usually requires further tuning of the realtime section.

TK

6. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I've seen/had a play, but it's good to know a tyre size if the tgm isn't labelled for me personally. I'll have a go editing a tgm and see my luck, but I didn't see a 10" rim on their drop down list sadly. Thanks for the help though.