‘Triangle spectrum/prism’ loading screen - what does that mean?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by MileSeven, Jan 19, 2023.

1. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

All of a sudden, I’m getting the attached multi-colour loading screen in between clicking Play in Steam and the first recognisable Rf2 splash screen.

I seem to remember seeing it years ago and that it might be hardware related? Insufficient GPU power or done thing?

I’m running opencomposite under a WMR device with one screen mirrored - this screen appears on the monitor. Didn’t do it until today. EAA59999-CFC6-4567-8A66-161F7F584B84.jpeg

2. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

I recently updated to a 6950xt/Reverb G2/OpenComposite and I see it, too. Unless someone says otherwise, I consider it a meaningless display. I'm not sure if it just happens when I am set to VR+Mirror or if it happens also in just VR. RF2 runs just fine with my hardware. I could get 90FPS by turning down some stuff, but I'm fine with 60hz at high/full settings.I have no stuttering or framerate dips or anything else to indicate a problem.

3. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Thanks - there’s a suggestion on Discord that this might be an OpenXR thing - it’s just unclear to me why I’ve suddenly started seeing it.

No worries - it all seems to work fine once loaded!

davehenrie likes this.