Released Introducing KartSim!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 29, 2018.

1. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

We will be looking at the cut zones of that corner. As for where to serve your penalty, to get to the pits go straight at the first hairpin which basically takes you down the hill on a road just left of the main track you will see an entrance behind some barriers ahead. That is the pit entrance, once inside just follow the barriers on your right. In reality karting doesn't have pit stops much other than endurance karting and then people just pull in anywhere and make their driver swap. So making kart pit and garage areas fit the game engine was a bit tricky in some cases.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Now that's a feature :D

3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I got 80k at Paul Fletcher.

PFI.png

4. Filip

Filip Registered

Rentals in my city are usually something like 50 kmh max. Brakes are not needed. Spin is almost impossible.
    This rental is not typical, at least for my region.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Rentals ain't rentals :D

There are all different levels/speeds of rentals, though I think the faster ones are more rare. Still, it makes sense even with the faster ones that they tend to be less 'on the edge' than they could be, because they're rentals - there's really no vetting of drivers so that people don't keep spinning in front of each other and end up getting hurt.

Making karts for the game that handle like that, wouldn't make them very popular. So I doubt we'll see much correlation between any normal rental karts and these in-game ones.

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

In the rental place I visit most, OcioKart, which is available as WIP for rF2 since several years ago there are 4 karts apart from special ones...

Rental
    Kart Adult 270cc
    Kart Senior 390cc
    Competition
    Comer 80cc
    Rotax 125cc

Why shouldn't the sim correctly represent rentals? I have driven several times with the 270cc rental and they are a lot of fun!!!

One of the reasons why I stopped working on the track was because the behaviour of the ISI karts was completely off from the real one.

I understand from people's posts that rentals, which are probably the ones most of us use when we go to have some fun with friends, are not being accurately represented.

Considering the above, I will not buy this DLC.

chisco85 likes this.
  7. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

One thing that could make the simkart rentals behave differently from real life rentals is that in simkart the driver is small child.

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

This could be easily solved via upgrade. If there was an interest of using the sim to practice for real life karting.

chisco85 likes this.
  9. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

@SPASKIS, I'm sure there is a possibility of refunding. So try and get your money back ! ;)

We have rarely had vehicles of such good quality (physics).

The circuits are both really well graphically modeled, and surprisingly well optimized in terms of performance.

When the scanned laser interrogation is useful or not it is enough to compare dallas / quebec / genk / atlanta with these 3 circuits : the number of details transmitted to the FFB are much more numerous.

Read the first posts of Devin and Joekart on this thread, they are connoisseurs and say the same thing of the realism of the Karts.

It would be a shame if you deprive yourself of something excellent.

10. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I don’t know if I’m lucky or not,but the karts I use at my local are so easy spin lol,on braking and if you turn in to much.

But I’m probably unlucky as where I from,everything is a turd to fit into the landscape of shit hole lol

11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

A lot of people have said that the issues with Quebec and Atlanta have turned out to be issues with the kart rather than the track.

You should move to the nice side of the Black Country then XD

patchedupdemon likes this.
  12. Filip

Filip Registered

If they made the rental same as real rentals in my area it would be really boring driving them on 2d screen.
    After dozen laps they are not fun even in real life.

I am not into (sim) karting but will buy this dlc at least to try this X30 that gets so much praise.

When new karts come will they be included in this price or will have to buy them separately?

13. Goanna

Goanna Registered

My understanding from talking to Tony Irfan is that the majority of any future karts/tracks will will be additional paid content. He did say when I was talking to him on discord in January that there would be an indoor track released for free, no timeframe on release though.

Filip and DrivingFast like this.
  14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The X30 is fantastic. You can slide it all over like the kids do in the real Super One.

15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Thanks for clarifying, I suspected that was the entry, but was confused as entry is usually closer to the s/f line. Was looking for it and everything looked blocked :)

So, IRL, there's no stop and go or drive through penalty? Penalties are assigned after race completes and pits are basically for retiring, right?

There's one more minor thing I noticed, it doesn't have to be fixed, because it is not a track problem, but I thought I'd mentioned it. On ISI Kart tracks, during rolling starts leader starts at positive mLapDist. During formation/standing mLapDist is negative. But on those new tracks, rolling start leader lap dist is negative in both cases. Tool called Crew Chief uses that feature to distinguish between Formation/Standing and Rolling starts. It is not a big deal, I'll probably add an option to force rolling start phase if it is detected as formation/standing for kart tracks, but just thought I'd mention minor inconsistency. Of course, real fix to all of this is for rF2 to expose what type of start race has.

16. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

There are no problems with Quebec and Atlanta, they are great tracks.

At the physics level, they are just a lot less detailed than for the 3 new tracks.

The 3 new tracks impressed me immediately both in terms of graphics/performance (part that interests me little) than for the physics part.

As it is encrypted, we can not look at the mesh on 3DSiMEd, but it is obviously very dense.

17. AMillward

AMillward Registered

We know... XD

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  18. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

One more thing: hopefully we will get helmet visor for those vehicles in the future. Thanks again, really fun content :)

19. caravan_driver

caravan_driver Registered

Does anyone know the advantages of releasing the content as Items on Steam instead of DLC?
    Because I just see drawbacks for the user when he needs a refund.
    Because he would need to ask for 2 refunds. The item and then the credit card.

It seems that "Items" is more for content that is consumed and so you would not be able refund. Unlike these cars/tracks.

20. oppolo

oppolo Registered

Karts: nothing to say abt x30, rental: first impression was"nah this is very bad done for the reason we know", but i dindnt give up and now that I'm used to its behaviour, well, it gives me fun as the x30. It could be strange that a kart so slow can give fun, but it gives, at least to me. I know it is easy to spin at slow speed but watch at the speedometer and the angle of turn, could it be more or less realistic for a rental kart? Anyway more or less realistic or not, it requires another driving tecnic than the x30 and that is a reason for fun because imo is not so crap.
    Tracks: I have never driven isi karts, but with this new 3 tracks I have begun to drive also them.
    So imo this dlc is good and i'm waiting for the release of the next contents

Adrianstealth and Guimengo like this.