Surpised Returning User

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by skyh, Oct 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyh

skyh Registered

Deleted (no way to delete the thread).

(see below)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  2. skyh

skyh Registered

I'm posting this to explain why I deleted my original post (a plaintive question about the transfer to Steam), as I was sure I hadn't received the notification email and was now out of luck.
    Imagine my embarrassment when I belatedly thought to do an email search, and discovered that not only had I forgotten that I had received the notification back in January, but I had actually responded to it and received the Steam activation key! Age is really playing tricks with my memory ...:oops:o_O.

Anyway, I just activated my license, and rFactor 2 now shows up in my Steam library.

And in case this information is useful, I can confirm that the activation key still works 9 months late: so if anyone replied to the email but forgot to activate, you're still safe.

kro388th, Jon, GrimDad and 5 others like this.
  3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Great to read this post,many are adamant that the email wasn't sent out at all,enjoy the dx11 goodies that are soon to come

Jon and jayarrbee36 like this.
  4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Who said the email was not sent?
    Quote some names please.
    Others (@stonec) had shown the email before. The fact of the email being sent was already admitted.

I quote myself from the other thread:

Sending a massive email a week before the deadline and not following the basicrules recommended by google and otherspam filtering systems to avoid falling into spam black list is certainly not showing much consideration for those users.

Guimengo likes this.
  5. patchedupdemon

[
    i said
    You were sent an email with plenty of time given to act on it.to transfer over to steam,you obviously missed that opportunity so like the above post states,you will have to buy again

you said

This is not true.
    I never got any email before transferring to Steam. I haven't seen anybody confirming that email except for an affected guy confirming he received it only one week before the free transfer period ended (and got into spam folder). I knew about the deadline because I read the forum daily.

SPASKIS, Sep 5, 2017Report
    #5LikeReply

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I transferred in 2016, long before the deadline for free transfer. I never received any email. I knew about it because I regularly follow the rf2 forums.

We (league admins) informed in our community where many were not aware about it.

Only those who hadn't already transferred one week before the deadline received that mail, which in some cases ended in the spam folder and were probably automatically deleted 30 days later.

Do you understand it now or should I draw an sketch?

7. patchedupdemon

No need to get bitchy about it,I have to say,for all your grammar correctness,your wording is confusing,so you are saying they only sent an email out one week before the dead line,even if they sent one out a month earlier it would have got buried if people weren't checking emails,and that's even if they had prioritised s397 emails to not end up in spam

But hey let's not get in the way of starting arguments or moaning about the developers aye

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  8. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Registered

Ever considered there might be a connection between the two statements?.........

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Read this:
    This End User Access and License Agreement (“EUALA”) is an agreement between you and Image Space Incorporated (“ISI” or “we” or “us”) in relation to ISI’s racing simulation rFactor and rFactor2 (the “Product”) and its associated services.

ISI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any of the Terms of Use, or change, suspend, or discontinue the Service (including without limitation, the availability of any feature, database, or content) at any time by posting a notice on the ISI or rFactor websites or Service or by sending you an email. ISI may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability. It is your responsibility to check the Terms of Use periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to the Terms of Use constitutes acceptance of those changes.

10. lagg

lagg Registered

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

For sure there is. Only the ones that didn't make the transfer received that ridiculous email trying to prove ISI/S397 cared about their situation. If they had really cared, they would have simply sent the keys for transferring to steam. They posted the information in all the roadmaps prior to the deadline knowing that nobody that had abandoned rF2 in early days would ever read it.

If they had wanted them to know, they would have just sent them an email with sufficient time prior to the deadline. Or, furthermore, they wouldn't have set any deadline.

12. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You sure like to derail threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.