I almost did something foolish

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VAustinElly, Apr 20, 2017.

1. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

I am an Iracing guy but, due to my lack of time to dedicate to it and practice for it I find myself doing more offline Sims when I get a chance to do so. Rfactor2 has been good and fun, it took a little bit to get the jaggies to go away and to get my wheel to function right but once I got it I love this Sim. I have found lately though that I am wanting more. I want the better graphics, I want structure, I want to run for championships, all of which rfactor currently lacks. So like a dummy I was looking at Nascar heat evolution. And for a minute seriously thought of buying it. Yeah that would have been a big mistake. All that game offers is a championship. Yeah graphics are better, but it's not a Sim, I can't create my own car, I can't even create myself. I have read that the racing itself is good but that's it. We'll I have that already here. So like a good patient person I will wait for the dx11and UI updates to make this Sim all it can be and hopefully it will then offer all that I am looking for. I know I can only race AI due to scheduling, but if it has to be that way then I want it as real as possible. I don't want a simcade like NHE, or project cars, AC, Forza, GT, and so on. I want eye candy, realistic racing, and for the races to mean something. That's not asking a lot is it? Anyway, I have high hopes for this Sim. Just gotta fight the urges to move on and be patient.

2. Louis

Louis Registered

No

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  3. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

I want to buy it but when I asked the devs how many controllers the pc version supported they didn't know what I was talking about. I'm not expecting a full blown sim because they are rare but I don't think a separate wheel and pedals are rare either. lol. Oh well, maybe one year an official NASCAR game will be released by Codemasters.

4. Emery

Emery Registered

For what it's worth, I've got 4 controllers (separate wheel, pedal, & shifter plus TrackIR). I also seem to recall that rF2 can handle more than most any other sim.

5. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Thanks man but I was talking about the latest NASCAR game. :)

Emery likes this.
  6. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

There hasn't been a good Nascar only game out in a long long time. I like iracing but don't have the time to dedicate to it, I like rf2 but currently it lacks substance, and any other game with stock cars is more of a simcade that also lacks substance. I hope this update with rf2 does the trick. Time will tell

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Please define substance in relation to stock cars ? I'm guessing championship mode ?

8. FatCity

FatCity Registered

9. Emery

Emery Registered

Dang, my reading comprehension failure on display, LOL!

10. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Nascar heat, man.... you crossed the line... lol

11. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

I didn't actually buy it lol I said I THOUGHT about buying it for all of 30 seconds.

And yes by substance I mean an offline championship that I don't have to run a separate program to do. I would prefer online championship but being that I only get online two nights a week due to work and those times are usually around 9:00am GMT, or 3am U. S. Central time so that doesn't work to well for having others racing with me.