rFactor 2 Build 982 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Noticed that the track temperature is now no more stuck at 29c and it followed around 2c lower or the same as the ambient temperature.

Is this one of the fix in the new build?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hmm... maybe just a reporting fix (as in, the temperature wasn't shown properly before). I think if any actual work had been done on track temp it would nearly always be higher than ambient.

3. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Shud be yeah..but its a good start

4. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

triple screen FOV

Hi, in the new Build the FOV of the Triple Screen/Multiview has changed, can i reset it to the old setting? What must i do? Thanks in advance

5. Christian Wolter

for better Explanation:

The old View was on the middle Monitor the Wheel and on the right and left side the Rearmirrors
    In the new View i see on the right and left side the Car and is seat to Close at the wheel

View attachment 17329

View attachment 17330

6. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

You must look at the first post in this thread [emoji12]

Go into your config.ini file (same folder as your player file) and change Subviews to =0. But since you're already going to be in there I'd suggest to make use of the new multiview setup.

7. Christian Wolter

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, i have change the subviews setting first, but the View is not the same as before. When i change the view that the rearmirrors are on the left and right Monitor, i have a complete other view than before, either I see the side boxes or the rear-view mirrors are very large on the Screen...

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

9. Alesi

Alesi Registered

u know, that if u do some operations with yours hardware (something like overclocking system, cpu faster and memory) u can easy make even for 20+ sec faster on lap)))
    but whats more interesting and important that playing with those parameters u can be faster for 0.5 or 1 sec -

10. rer8

rer8 Registered

Just noticed "RFactor 2" logo in the chat box.... nice touch.... :cool:

11. stonec

stonec Registered

+1. Why make it so difficult to find older builds? Many leagues don't update days after new build has come out. This sort of functionality existed a year back or so on rfactor.net, now it's gone, same with many other useful functions.

12. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

982 still appears to have the spectate bug (stuck as spectator when you enter server). It been like this for 3 builds now, and is not so trivial because it means that any race you do there is a risk you will not be able to start the race. Workarounds only seem to work in P sessions, once Q has started if you have the problem your out the race unless you can fix it on time.

13. Travis

Travis Registered

Does anyone know what the following from the known issues relates to: "FXAA post processing does not work with any level of MSAA enabled - disable MSAA if you are using FXAA"

Is this a reference to the AA levels (ranging from 1-8)? As far as I can tell, no one can provide what each level of AA actually is or what type of AA is being enabled for each level.

14. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

+1. It doesn't happen that often for me, maybe once every 2 weeks.

15. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes, got it yesterday (we was 3 drivers only ...)
    And it's hard to success to join (need to change car)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
  16. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Config.ini keeps losing the values for multiview.
    UseSubViewParams=1
    ViewParams= (00000.00000, 60000.00000, 0.00000, ...etc...) the values reset to something really odd and causes a "blackscreen" experience when entering a track.

As far as I can tell this happens when multiview is turned off and back on again (not that I do that too often, but happebed to piddled with mods in single screen and found this phenomenon), but I have replicated this event by merely turning on/off the streched ui and widescreen hud.
    Either way, I have no idea could this be on my client alone or is this an unfortunate feature? I did try to fix this by doing overwrite reinstall with the Lite client, without any luck.

ps. Release the Stock Cars already!!! I need it...
    [​IMG]

17. RodBarker

RodBarker Registered

I havent played for quite awhile didnt even try the last build , just set this latest build up on triples and its great although I have a problem when leaving a race to go to the monitor to alter some settings and then I cant get back into the race by clicking on the race icon , I must leave the track and then reload it again to begin a new race , also the spotter calling time is intermittent sometimes it works and sometimes it dont is this just me or its happening to others ?

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

This "Placeholder" could be replaced by modder with a customised pic. Just save it as .tga and name it <trackname>THMB.TGA Size should be 190x128 px. Not sure, maybe it could be greater, but i used this size.

19. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I just noticed there is water droplets on the screen. I wonder if that is coming "soon".

View attachment 17394

20. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Chill, chill everyone! Nothing to see here. Just a lone slowpoke.

We've seen some pics and this background some time ago. Months even. Might be a sign might be nothing.

Rain improvements are coming. Just no one knows when. Soon(tm) is the best and only possible answer I could give you.

And once again... SLOOOOWPOKE! ^^

(speaking in friendly manner if your sense of humour is not on the highest level :D)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2015