[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Sounds perfect :)

Edit - some more suggestions, please tell me to shut up if necessary ;)

1) Race Names: Right now my races are named BEL# Shell Belgian Grand Prix. This is necessary because the "Driver Standings" and "Team Standings" page use the first three letters for the table column, and if I write "Santander British Grand Prix" it ends up as "San".

Would it be an option to enter a short and a long name, make the short name optional?

2) Flags. I love flags because it makes racing look truly international. I love the entire Wiki way of displaying season results. Like here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Formula_One_season#Drivers.27_standings

If you want I can collect you a public domain list of flag GIFs with proper country name. You could populate a dropdown box from that folder of GIFs and display a flag icon next to each race. We could do it for the major motorsports countries, and optionally users to add their own GIF for fictional or not-yet-included countries.

Again I can only say the tool is absolutly top, but there's a "game" element to me in all things offline racing that lives from doing it like "the real ones".

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
  2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I don`t mind improving r2la features, so you can continue suggesting, no problem.

1. So, you want first three letters of short name to be displayed in tables, and for long name to be displayed where? In the championship screen as a name for the Race button? It will make buttons very long and not very pretty. I can make long name as an option, but that would require some work (creation of Race Edit form, because right now for name I use just build-in uikit pop-up which has only one field).

2. I used country flags in some previous non-public version of this r2la engine just like in that wikipedia pages. I like these ones - https://www.gosquared.com/resources/flag-icons/ If I implement additional page for Race Edit with Long name, I can add country-flag selection there. But no user flags will be supported, they will be hardcoded in DB. For fictional tracks you can select any country flag or Olympics flag from that set.

Unfortunately in near future there will be no flags for drivers, because it will add some level of complexity for me to maintain drivers DB in r2la I think. If ISI will add <Country> tag for driver in .xml sometime, then I can show driver flags easily.

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

It's great that you are listening and interested in improving the "Game" aspect (the basic functionality is anyway awesome). :)

Yes, I was thinking to it work to create a new form for Race Edit with three fields - short tag, full name and country. Currently I have in the Championship screen the "Long names" (what I call full name), it line-breaks after about 4 or 5 races, doesn't look sooo bad. Not sure how much effort it is to create custom form though.

Flags for drivers is not a feature I would be missing, but for country of the race it's great. In theory the driver nationality is encoded into the RCD file which - again in theory only - might be grabbed somehow. But a lot of RCDs are incomplete and it wouldn't solve the problem for human drivers. So, really not worth the effort.

This is really the "missing link" for enjoying RF2 offline.

4. pitkin

pitkin Registered

Hi Nibo, thanks for explaining the way those stats work. I made a mistake in my original post, I'd actually done 5 races, so apologies for that.

I have a featue request if you don't mind.
    How about an all time stats page, which could show accumulative results for all seasons? We could see who has the all time greatest number of wins, poles, fastest laps and podiums for example.

Anyway thanks again, for this. It really has added a new dimension for us offline racers and statistics junkies.

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Its possible to collect this data from all championships. I might do it, but I don`t know if in next update or in update after next.

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Hey Nibo, found a small bug or rather, design limitation. You're likely already aware of this.

If I run a qualifying session, and then over the race it turns midnight, the tool will not find the Q log to go with the R log. As you say, it's looking for a Q log from the same day.

Not a big problem, as manual renaming solves this.

7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yeah, its a limitation that will stay I think. Manually renaming file to the same date is a good workaround.

8. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Not sure how common this is but when I race offline I like to start from the back and only run qualify session to sort out AI. I also may race the same combo several times in the same day. This makes it somewhat more difficult to compare race results in the combo view because of the empty qualify results separating the race results.

Would it be possible to add a session type filter to the combo view?

9. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Ok, done, it was not hard to do. Although, it does not remember filter if you close the combo page (but does remember on refresh). You can make a browser bookmark for filtered pages which you are using frequently, combo page address is static.

Well, I look at changelog, and next update will be a massive one...

10. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Most excellent. Thanks :D

11. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Nibo, if you accept donations there are 10EUR here waiting. Seeing how eager you are to improve this already excellent addition it would be well deserved, as this will become the true lifeblood of RF2 offline driving for me.

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There is no way at the moment, but thanks (paypal does not work in my country). Maybe later sometime. I`m happy that I can do it anyway, I`m learning something and also using most of this features myself.

13. Voodoo Pizzaman

Voodoo Pizzaman Registered

Thanks for the plugin Nibo. It's awesome. I'm learning how it works, and I'd like to know if, when I make a championship and have defined all the cars participating in the championship...how do I start the next race? As in, how do I guarantee that all the cars/teams/drivers that were in the first race show up in the second?

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

For AI? Only in-game you can choose your competitors, and not all mods-cars have consistent AI drivers loaded every time. For example ISI Indycar has 23 cars, do if you choose 22 AIs for every race you will get consistent AI across races. But AC427 selects its AI drivers from larger pool, so its hard to make its AI drivers consistent. There are videos on this topic by PSR - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbc3ksWAeIc, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KSLaXXQEUk And I think there are some threads on this topic on this forums.

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

New version with many fixes and features. I recommend everyone to upgrade.

Please report if you encounter errors.

r2la v2.034
    r2la DEDI v2.034

2.034 changelog:

Since B998 rF2 logs include "Category" string for every driver. This allows for better car selection in case of mods like AMGT3, where Category allows to filter all cars independent of manufacturer.
    r2la now creates car IDs from 4 tags (3 before) - Category, CarType, CarClass and TeamName. For most known mods best combinations will be preselected by default.
    Car IDs are created for every Category+CarType combination.
    r2la usually uses first value of the Category list, but for some mods I select other values, selection is hard-coded. For example, Palatov D4 selects second value - "D4" as Category.
    Log files from old builds will have their Category=CarType.

Offline challenges now check for Start Type match. Since B998 rF2 includes "FormationAndStart" in log files.

Added "Private mode" for DEDI version. If activated it will require users to enter a password to see r2la DEDI pages. Qualy and Race Chat is visible only to admin in Private mode.

Added possibility to host Hotlap Competitions from r2la DEDI. Users can submit their times from thier r2la apps to different r2la DEDI servers.
    To transfer Competitions and their results when your upgrading r2la DEDI, go to Options page and Export hotlap competitions from old r2la DEDI instance to file r2la_competitions.json. Then copy this file to new r2la DEDI instance, go to Options page and Import it.

"How to update.txt" file with instructions now included in archive

Added "Auto refresh" mode for r2la DEDI. If turned on, it will attempt to refresh logs list on every call to Viewer or Records pages, but will only refresh if time passed after last refresh is more than "Auto refresh rate" (in minutes, configurable).

Added "All time stats" to Championships. It can be time-consuming to calculate them for many championships, so in DEDI version this page is cached for 10 minutes (will not be re-calculated if it recieves more requests in this period).

Added more race settings: long race name and race country. Press "Edit race" then "Edit more race settings" to set them. Long name is used for race select buttons if defined. Short race name will be used anywhere if long name is not defined, and only in tables if long name is defined. Country flag will be displayed in championship tables. You can add your flags if you need, their names are read only at the first start of clean r2la, put them in web2py\applications\r2la\static\images\flags folder before you start r2la for the first time. Flags are from gosquared. https://www.gosquared.com/resources/flag-icons/

Now you can add background image for championship page and/or for championship top panel. To do this, put .jpg files into web2py/applications/r2la/static/images/championships/ folder. File name must be championship name, following this rules: - if championship name contains spaces, in file name you should replace them with underscore _ - for page background image file add _bg to file name - for top panel image file add _top to file name Example: MY_GT3_bg.jpg MY_GT3_top.jpg

Driver swaps are now shown in "Session laps" table and swapped drivers names appear in "Session results" tables after main driver name.

Added loading icon for r2la DEDI session reports and championship tables

Added session filter for car-track combo log viewer page

Logs with 0 laps or 0 drivers now have "trash" icon in log selector

Logs with 0 drivers now don`t show an error

Improved detection of logs with no lap time

Fixed Compare Logs errors when searching through associated tracks

Fixed a bug when track records were staying in DB after .xml files were deleted from results folder "by hand"

r2la and r2la DEDI now have custom browser icons (blue one and red one). You might need to delete your browser cache and restart it to see them.

Various other small fixes

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015
  16. ggpiucco

ggpiucco Registered

Will try later today. Thank you!

17. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Thx Nibo awesome job!

18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Impressive list, Nibo! Thanks :D

19. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Wow! That was both fast and incredible featurefull.

Since you are using the "Category" value which is only in latest build, would it trip the tool on earlier builds? I will try mself but I guess it should still work...?

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

For logs from early builds Category will be taken from CarType. So everything must work. Only for some mods that use Category as ID string or part of ID string now (Palatov, for example), you can see double entries in Track Records, one taken from logs before B998 and one after.