Been debating purchasing rf2, few questions *Purchased*

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShuhDonk, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

As far as free and good third-party mods, do check 32_pixels' 1986 Celica GTO mod with the Lester GP track. The stock setup is extremely skiddish, you'll need to work on the differentials, lower springs and camber. Take that around Lime Rock Park (no chicanes) vs a field of some 15 AI and just cruise around.

OR... try the bit older Pixsim Lola T280 mod around Brianza or Belgium Historic.

2. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Make sure to also move the bias forward on the GTO

3. Emery

Emery Registered

Have you done the obvious thing and set your forcefeedback with TechAde's pedal overlay tool so it's as strong as possible without clipping?

4. ShuhDonk

ShuhDonk Registered

Nope, never heard of it, I will look into though. I have just been setting ffb to what feels best to me, I like it relatively strong for the most part. I am using a csw atm, have an accuforce ordered though.

5. Emery

Emery Registered

6. ShuhDonk

ShuhDonk Registered

There is one very cool effect in rf2 but now its starting to come a little annoying. If you hit a rumble strip it appears to put your tire out of balance or something and you get a vibration that gets worse as you go faster. I really like this but a couple things.. it seems to easy for this to happen, race cars use the rumble strips around corners all the time, is that really messing something up this badly? Is there a way to minimize the ffb effect when this happens. I like the effect, but a way to make it not so violent. I feel my poor clubsport wheel is going to blow up sometimes vibrating so strong haha

7. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Are you sure that's not mass imbalance from the tyre as a result of locking up in to the corner?

8. crz

crz Registered

That sounds like a flatspotted tyre, no rumble strip will do that. Try a small amount of damping in the steering options if your wheel rattles too much.

9. ShuhDonk

ShuhDonk Registered

Ahh that could be, did not know this can happen. I bet that must be it.

10. Tony

Tony Registered

It's a nice realistic feature to have in a sim, but I think it's a bit over-done - just one big lockup & you've got to pit, if only to save your expensive racing-wheel..

I'm speaking from the view of online racing, where it's not always so easy to take the perfect line & speed into a turn - especially in the opening laps when there's guys all around you all wanting the same piece of tarmac :p

Edit: ShuhDonk - reduce your brake pedal pressure down to around the 85% mark - that'll go a long way to stop you locking the tyres under heavy braking

11. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Really? I've not had much of an issue with it, apart from in the Formula cars. But ex-driver commentators say they have trouble with vision after a big lock up..... So, I dunno. I find it alright when put in that context.

12. msportdan

msportdan Banned

great feature but would be nice if it was less intense at higher speed.

13. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

I bet Kimi had here also bad vibrations from his flatspot

So i think big lock ups should bring you in some trouble. In rF1 videos/streams i see nearly everyone locking up in most of the corners. So if you are used to this driving style you may have some trouble at the begining. But after some time driving you will learn not to lock up.
    And from my experience in the gts the vibrations are getting less after some laps.

14. Emery

Emery Registered

I've flatspotted tires in real life. rF2 has it spot on, so learn to not flatspot them.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1 ........well close enough hey ? ;)

For me many small things like flat-spots in rF2 are " more right than not " and utterly and completely outweigh the negatives.

Some people grumble that roses have thorns.

16. Comante

Comante Registered

When discussing features one should always remember that HOW many of them are implemented is content dependent. Flatspotting could be less or more depending on the mod.

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I'm curious, how is content for AC hosted? I've seen countless accusations that GetMod is slower then a web browser but that is completely false and I've tested and proved that is false several times. If GetMod is slow that is because the component is hosted on a slow webhost. We use Dropbox to host our stuff and it is really fast for some parts of the world but not all. If it's slow for someone it's not because GetMod is slow, it's the webhost that is. The one thing that would help though is if GetMod would download multiple components at once. This is one way you can get stuff faster in a browser. But depending on the webhost this may or may not help. A lot of hosts will limit your total bandwidth regardless of how many streams you start.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

OP needs to update topic title to add (Purchased) somewhere :p

19. bwana

bwana Registered

Noel I have no idea how to get 3rd party content into AC , searched around and no answers , not that I tried that much as it didn't interest me . ( My reference was that RF2 is better in that regards to AC btw.) Official AC stuff comes in updates .. Agree as far as Getmod speed . until Australia get a NBN ( National Broadband Network) its just something we have to put up with. slower internet speeds than Romania :( ( as one tv commercial states_)

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Oh.. I just reread your post and now I realize I was confused. I thought you were saying AC auto downloaded content better then rF2. Okay, never mind. ;)