What is a ()*&#*(#%& sim racer, anyway ?!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by P.S.R., Apr 3, 2015.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

and ................ ?

What should we all just say nothin and say all sims are fanatastic :rolleyes:

What because some peoples views peeve you ?

and who is preaching. ?

I guess you know :rolleyes:

phhfttt

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

B-but, they are all fantastic. maybe not to your standards but there's more then just 1 you know :)

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I have a new avatar *whistles*

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Off course I agree but personal likes and dislikes do not have to be based on standards or criteria.

Read any review will tell you that. :rolleyes:

:)

btw I never call all sims fantastic but I never called them "BAD" either .......... just features of them like Assetto Corsa Ai is BAD

What is BAD for me in rF2 ....................... ................... ummmm

Nothing :) lol

Now if you think that is fanboy or do not agree isn't that your problem ?

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Hey if anything I am less happy with this build then Build60

lol

Like Build 60 I had awesome FFB, physics , feedback, online and the F3 Historic looked fantastic with HDR.

Now everything is as good or better but my car still looks horrible in HDR esp at Historic tracks.

yes yes yes I know why .............gessus lol :)

and I been very patient if you notice

When they fix that " MY" rF2 will be untouchable.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah I noticed. ;)

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Lol Tim, nice one :)

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Like I mentioned in my pm, its very hard to get a balanced review, or be balanced as a reviewer. its never black and white when it comes to 'hard evidence' and in most -if not all- cases personal views do come into play.
    Just like your comment in another thread wanting to see an 'honest review about the superior physics'
    That in itself is already bias in favour of your own opinion or the general consensus in this community.

And a review is never about hard evidence anyways, everything, or most things, have to come into play so personal likes are as important imo.
    For example I dislike the fact that the chat in iracing is buried away (or was back then, not sure how it is now) which gave me a disconnected feel to it, as if I was racing AI, no chats, no banter, no community-feel.
    That's personal, but for me very important. and it would certainly effect my scoring if I would do an iracing review.

The best reviews mix it up but separate those items and let enough room open for interpretation. so when you don't care about the community-feel, you can just disregard what I think.
    But 'rf2=100% because-physics.....' that's just not balanced enough. Just like the Italian press give AC 10/10. that's just silly. hardly any games are 10/10. maybe mario64.

But it's always an opinion, no matter how professional 'they' are. and an opinion based on a certain timeframe. review build 25 or 946, quite a difference. professional reviewers hardly ever go back.
    And the less 'they' are after balance the muddier it gets. But even professional magazines can be very lazy and even copy/paste articles from other sources. what makes us think bloggers and whatnot aren't just porting over opinions from others?

Heck, even most of 'our' views on items are heavily influenced. pick a topic, try to find an original thought :)

For me, I don't really care about reviews, I get my info from the community's I am in, certain people I trust in what they say, knowledgeable people I come across and also what my league is using.
    And especially these days where everyone can put their opinion online and acting like its the ultimate truth it increasingly difficult to get something out of it.
    But then again, we only read them so we can trash them in their comment section :)

Never called you a fanboy Durgings :)

9. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

yea u are right..i heard new game coming out this summer,it will have Realistic graphics and easy setup section where you just say at mic what kind of setup you want and BUM there is perfect setup for you.and graphics oh man its like you are there..
    shame we will all disappear till then but (you)new generation will enjoy for sure so stay tuned..its called The Best Realistic Sim Racing Game Ever 1 only for next gen

10. doug484

doug484 Registered

We're not dying off. We're still around. For me, the more difficult the car/track the more I enjoy.

For all the stupid people we're complaining about here I try to follow this example (from Mark Twain):

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

It doesn't matter what they think. I'm not going to change their opinions no matter what I say.

11. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Dont care abt others....just simrace for myself

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest