[REL] 500_695 Abarth rFactor2 3.2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

DECEMBER 09TH, 2014: AVAILABLE VERSION 3.2 - DISMISSED OLDER VERSIONS

WHAT IS NEW in version 3.2:
    - added few new coefficients into several physic files (engine, cockpitinfo, susp, hdv)
    - added talent file (same names but different performances for each driver - hard fight now!)
    - wider range for seat adjustment
    - new categorization of the vehicles: main one is now "Fiat Abarth" only and then you find the 3 classes and cars for each class. For dedicated still 3 classes are directly available
    - raised a little the NoseCam view
    - new structure for gear embedded into the HDV files

LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/?17yr1pu5j76yad1

(thanks to ISR the mod is also available in GETMOD and a live server is already available)

==========================================================================================
    ==========================================================================================

NEW - NEW - NEW
    Please read these few notes before asking for anything. Email me for any suggestion, help, improvement: slowmotion@symracing.net

I hope this is and will be the last version of the mod, but I guess next year Abarth Corse will add the "Biposto" into its Trofeo... we'll see.

1. The basic mod 1.0 is a conversion made by Thuro76 from my "500_695 Abarth RFE" mod for rFactor1
    2. The component allows the "500 Assetto Corse", the "695 Assetto Corse" and the "695 Evoluzione", that can be driven together or like a single class - You can enjoy smooth differences in driving the different classes
    3. A special thank to:
    - SRZ - SimRacingZone for support in finding the right person that helped me in releasing the original version
    - Nicola Acciarri RFE for physics lessons and advice!
    - LcR - RuinedRoadSimracing for new realistic and beautiful liveries
    - Alessio Contardi for the Motec 3D
    - all guys of the rFactor Community that helped me into finding the right solutions for several issues

======================
    NEW IN VERSION 3.0
    ======================

- slightly smoothed the FFB strength
    - changed local cams coefficients for harmonizing the 4 car views
    - smooth adjustments for windows that allows "world" reflections but without annoying in driving
    - NEW Motec added to the 695 Assetto Corse and 695 Evoluzione
    - NEW warning light for HLight (ON/OFF) into the dashboard working also in cockpit view

LINK TO THE MOD version 3.0: dismissed

LINK TO THE PUBLIC TEMPLATE: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qvj2vnd4p3sipyg/500_695template_PUBLIC.psd

===========

For those guys interested into the evolution of the mod:
    - for rFactor1 enhanced by RFE Plugin Series: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/21468-500-695-Abarth-RFE-1-0
    - version 1.0 for rFactor2: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/21749-500_695-Abarth-rFactor2-1-0 and http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/21748-500_695-Abarth-rFactor2-1-0
    - version 1.1: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/21902-500_695-Abarth-rFactor2-1-1
    - version 2.0: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22143-500_695-Abarth-rFactor2-2-0
    - version 2.5: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22258-500_695-Abarth-rFactor2-2-5

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014
  2. matf1

matf1 Registered

Awesome news and thank you for your lovely work!

Please, someone fire up a server for this brilliant car.

3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks Slow Motion, downloading, will give feedback soon :)

4. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

Thanks for upgrade. The only serious problem I can see is the fact, I can˙t move seat forward enough, because the highest value is set only to 100. Please, allow us (me) to do it at least to 250, so we (me) can choose sitting position "behind the steering wheel" as we (I) want. Thanks :).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2014
  5. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Need that too for better use with Low FOV under 3D Vision. TIA

6. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Thank you for your continued work on this wonderful mod. It's very much appreciated!

7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Thanks for your work!
    One question: Did you included a talent file?

8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thanks guys for positive comments.

I didn't plan to release a new version, but, in case, I'll pay attention to your requests.

About the server: thanks to IsR, since version 1.0 a 24h server was and is always available!

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The new FFB is fantastic. Much improved and the best yet for this mod.

10. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Great work. Cars are a lot of fun.

11. speed1

speed1 Banned

Nice progress and fun to drive this little thing is ( tested Fiat 500 ), but the real car has power steering, and this car feels like steering a tank homie. Don't take this wrong, i like it but the standard settings are everything but not real.

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Hardware-dependent. With all settings at default (and I mean ALL settings), it feels very well balanced and just a tick heavier than a showroom street version 500.

Of course there are other cars that don't work perfectly with default settings and my wheel, so who can explain these things?

13. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Even if FFB have been tweaked with 3.0 I had to keep FFB at multiplier 0.75 to feel it more natural (even if I never drive such car in RL). Also, the 4th camera (cockpit=>Nose=>Chase=>This one) seems to low for my taste (not I driver eyes level).

Those aside, all was tweaked perfectly like reflections are now top on the windshield, and the Motec is good too, great work! :) One of my favorite car for sure :)

Thanks Slow Motion! :)

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

Me because i know the real thing, and the showroom street version as you like to call is far away from this one. This one is thousands of kilograms heavier. :)

15. speed1

speed1 Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
  16. Raúl Cor

Raúl Cor Registered

Hola Slow motion, thanks for all your work, its amazing mod. I have only a suggestion:

I think, one thing need this car:

RevLimitHardTime=0.1 // Hard rev-limiter ignition cut time (either this or RevLimitLogic should probably be zero)

you can insert this in the engine file and modify the number to your preferences.

I think the ignition cut is a good feature in rfactor 2 and it must not left.

Thanks mate

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Sorry, I have driven the real car (street version) and I know what this v3.0 feels like on my wheel. I also know what it feels like compared to ISI Clio, the closest relevant comparison. And based on that, I think it feels wonderful and properly weighted. But if you don't have the same wheel as me and if you are not using ALL default settings, it may be too heavy. Some other cars (like the ISI F2) are way too light on my set-up.

18. speed1

speed1 Banned

No problem homie, than we are not of the same opinion, and yes i'm using strandard settings when i like to give some feedback. If i wasn't intrested, i even wouldn't wast breath.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I am only pointing out that none of us can say what is heavy or light because the hardware in between rF2 and our chairs makes such a big difference. Earlier versions were too heavy on my rig, but Slow Motion's latest tweaks feel vastly better for me. As I said, the ISI F2 feels like total crap to me, but others love it and it's not just opinion. Based on what they are describing, they are NOT feeling the same thing I am, so it makes sense that they might like it. I KNOW they wouldn't like what I am feeling.

20. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thanks for suggestion.
    There are several new features everywhere, I know, but I do not think to be so expert to manage them in the right way, lol.
    I'll ask Nicola (that managed the rF1 engine, gear, etc files...) for help, also "pushing" him to use rF2, ehehehe...

In detail, the engine file (that comes from rF1) uses only partially the rev limiter (below the 695AC):

RevLimitRange=(7500, 50, 1)
    RevLimitSetting=0
    RevLimitLogic=150
    RevLimitAvailable=0

as you can see the last coefficient comes from rF1 and I think it is no longer used in rF2, but the RevLimitLogic=150 could be used like the RevLimitHardTime= (??)