rFactor 2 Build 880 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 31, 2014.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

2. Kevin BzH

Kevin BzH Registered

Hello, when I try to join some server, it becomes gray instead of blue.
    any idea?

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

maybe server hasnt upgraded to new build.
    otherwise your problem, reinstall.

4. Kevin BzH

Kevin BzH Registered

No, when you open a deidé server, we can not reach our server.
    reinstalling changes nothing.

5. Pablo S

Pablo S Registered

Thx ISI for this update!

6. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

I like rf1 redneck spotter voice

7. Nicolas Pailhes

Nicolas Pailhes Registered

Solution found on the server, if you get a RFMOD and components on build 860 you must uninstall and reinstall, and the server will be available again
    Sorry for my bad English

8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Tim greets to the dev's this build makes me very happy. I can see a lot of improvements specially in the gfx engine . The colours are looking now more natural the lighting and contrast also.
    If the dev team can fix this buggy smoke, dust, spray shader and this issue with the running shadows on the track surface in front of the car and on the side walls in the next time then they are my hero's :cool:

Great job good build :)
    With the knowledge of the upcoming content and this core quality I'm really looking forward.

9. nipzon

nipzon Registered

Thx for speeding up the plugin load time.

Gr8 job ISI

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I am excited for the spotter hahaha. I wonder how much more of the tire patch is to be worked on, I am assuming the Gen 6 + Mountain Peak will be held for a few weeks until then :).

11. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Auto update for me had some ctd's. Downloaded the content version and did new install. Seems fine now.

12. McLeo

McLeo Registered

Please anyone can help doubt about one tip.
    On rFactor 1 i can use the full mirror, i can see on my mirrors, the back of car, like rear wing and other parts of the car. But on rFactor 2 i can't found any options like that? i remember i edit on plr file, but here can found any options like that on my playser.json file.

Exist?

Really would like

Thankd advanced.

13. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

has it been mentioned what has been added to the tyre?

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Autoupdated from b860 and went perfect, like always. I have no idea what some of you guys do with your computers, lol.

Yes, it's currently screwed up in rF2. Not sure if it's a core engine problem or if it's just the particular mods that are designed to have all their parts graphically disappear while in cockpit mode (to save resources and improve framerates). Regardless, it's freaking ridiculous, unrealistic, and totally video-game-ish. I even set mirror objects - or whatever it's called - in the player file to "15". "15" means that everything is supposed to show up in the mirror, you know, like what a mirror actually does in reality?... But nope, still doesn't work. Works fine in rFactor 1 (Including Game Stock Car) though.

15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

+1

16. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

I would hold off until further notice on the contact patch model. For those who want to know, there are an additional 110 deflection tests which are required to properly utilize the contact patch model.
    There are still some slight issues concerning it, and to get the most out of it will probably require a new build. We will release more data about it and obviously a vehicle actually using it in due time, it's now looking unlikely that the Corvette will include it and may be used for the first time on the car after that.

17. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Thank you for the details. What can we expect in term of feeling when driving when it will be finished? (Because the term contact patch don't really talk me) What is improved by this new addition on tire point of view?

18. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

cheers for the info ... I wish comments like these were in the dev notes instead of 7 pages into a thread lol

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The more complex, the more intrinsic, the more time and effort you guys spend trying to make it as good as you can, the better. I am glad to hear that you guys are putting so much time and effort into it. Being meticulous and "hardcore" is the key and part of what makes rF, rF.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The build notes are pretty clear that you won't have any changes without rebuilding the tyre, and it seems we don't have enough info about how to rebuild the tyre to incorporate the changes, and even if we did there are issues that mean we probably shouldn't bother.

So no, no changes. Our existing tyre files behave just like they did before, at least as far as the notes are concerned.