[REL] Nordschleife3 v3.00

Discussion in 'Locations' started by DJCruicky, Jul 22, 2014.

1. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

are you really driving endurance races with a cart norths [emoji1]

2. benhaha

benhaha Registered

Ah I don't think I did. Will give it another go tonight. That looks much better than what I was seeing :)

3. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Thanks for your efforts, Gentlemen
    Quite enjoyable :)

4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I did try the karts once at this track. It's instant death if you touch the Kerbs :D.

5. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Is ISI officially moving away from HDR and custom profiles (in favor of automation), or is this a temporary/transitional stage?

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I've never really had an interest in Nordschleife, but this looks so spectacular now... Might need to give it a try. If it fits into my 4GB System and 2GB Vid Ram ;)

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Well, after racing the laser scanned Nords in AC, I can say there is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of with this version. Of course small details are more accurate in the scanned track, but the essence and feeling and atmosphere and soul--and therefore the enjoyment and thrill--of the track are present fully in our hand-made version :)

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

+1

9. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

and you cant drive the AC version with the rF2 physics and FFB :D

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I fully agree. I was shocked to see how little the two versions differ.
    Goes to show what a stunning job has been done here!

The rF2 version feels much more alive and immersive as well, all the details all the way along the track.
    Kunos' feels a bit lifeless, like their other tracks. Perhaps just personal taste, but still.

Also, what use is a laser scanned track if you can't race it with great car physics, ffb, real road, etc.
    Not much use, not for me at least.

So no, absolutely no reason to leave this track behind. :cool:

11. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I been doing some laps last night on this circuit with the BT-20. The circuit makes justice to the car, very enjoyable.

12. stonec

stonec Registered

Com8 layout road is too wide overall. A couple of corners are notably tighter in the laser scanned version, especially in Tiergarten the corner that splits the tourist and Nurburgring track. Trees feel a bit smaller in rF2 version (could be the wider road), AC version has more of these tall pine trees. Visually both look very impressive, AC version color tone feels a bit more natural, but that's to do with graphics engine mostly.

Overall it's very accurate layout to be something built in 2007 by modder, both serve well for practicing purposes.

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The layout issues are all known for years.

Question to the masters about the trees--could they be re-sized en mass? Or is it a nightmare one-by-one prospect? I don't think pleclair did any tree size accuracy calculations before installing the new ones. If a simple adjustment could be made, something to consider for later.

I am just surprised and thrilled that I do not feel like this version is a second-best, because, yes, I prefer to drive Nords with rF2 FFB and physics!

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

There's no need to actively seek things to justify reasoning for not having what is better. I forgot the psychological term but just let the comparison die... This track is far from accurate - by very far - but if you get enjoyment out of it, you don't need to justify why it somehow is "actually superior."

15. JRoque

JRoque Registered

Hi. Hey those pine trees were measured back in 2007. At an average yearly growth of 3' (~1 meter), they're now a lot taller when they laser scanned them :cool:

16. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I am amazed at what modders can accomplish. Only after reading your comments did I realize how effortlessly I ran the AC track...this and rFactor previous versions are IDENTICAL for all intents and purposes. I can't thank enough the current an past modders involved that created this evolving masterpiece!

17. yusupov

yusupov Registered

its no less beautiful a track, but having the surface scan in rf2... :drool

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Using AC as a guide, the rF2 track can slowly be updated to a more accurate, less repetitious/algorithm type of surface.

19. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Noone ever said that the modded version was completely off - because it isn't. Still, there are a couple of sections which are very different indeed. The most obvious ones for me (knowing the real track) are Metzgesfeld, the "Dreifach-Rechts" right before Wehrseifen, Mutkurve, Klostertal and the Schwalbenschwanz. They are not miles off, but it's not like the real thing and you need to drive there differently, which is not the case in AC's version of course. Having said that, considering the age of the base of the modded version and the sheer size of the track, the modders came pretty close when it comes to the layout. A masterpiece of modding history. But still, AC's layout is superior by nature. The trackside objects and locations are more realistic/natural in the AC version as well. The big lot at Brünnchen, the campers at Schwalbenschwanz... It really brings you back to the track. And still - all the modders who were involved in the creation of the GPL/rFactor 1/rFactor 2 version can be very proud of having created a very close version to that. It is really amazing for a mod project.

The point is, and some people have already said it as well, that the driving experience of AC doesn't work for me. If I want to have proper racing on the Nords, the best combo is this modded version and rF2.

20. pas74

pas74 Registered

The rf2 version needs more big trees, 3d guard rails, some little optimization....but after playing the AC version i must say i Really don't feel this Gap between the two version! The ac version is too easy to drive and has no real road physics just a "painted" tarmac. If we think next rf2 build as said will include a better balanced HDR, the rf2 NORD version will look much better!
    Tosch the "taste" man & company have made a professional job! Bravi! applause!
    (I wish if they can rework in the future.....the maniak nurburgring gp track which needs to update the real road shaders...and the camera view....

Inviato dal mio SM-T705 utilizzando Tapatalk