Marussia ,where is the love?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bwana, Jul 19, 2014.

1. baked bean

baked bean Registered

May have to get the MR01 out for spin with you guys later as its been a while since I took her for a go.
    I can remember a tweet from Tim not so long ago saying that its missing 15bhp according to their data and will be fixed in the cars next update.
    Will try and join later chaps heat permitting, my man cave gets so hot at the moment it can be unbearable especially when you're under the weather.
    Hope to see you all later. :)

2. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Were did you read I wanted to change the physics of the Marussia?

I don't want to, I want to compare it to Frenky's RFT Marussia.

Why would you like to change them?

Imagine you enjoy driving the Marussia, if you race off line you have many beautiful skinpacks of the 2013 season you can install. But if you race off line all the cars will have the same physics. You could spend hours tuning the hdv of each cars to have the Red Bull liveried Marussia realistically faster than the base Marussia.

That is what Frenky has done to the RFT 20103 which had a ligue physics, and I can assure the result oh his work is a pleasure to race off line.

One of the strongest arguments of RF1 and RF2 in my view, is that it is an open environment, and when something is not to your liking, instead of complaining you can adjust it to your taste (it may not be the cup of tea of someone else), have a good time doing it and learn a lot.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  3. crz

crz Registered

Unless there are flaws with the implementation or the encryption algorithm is already known as broken you don't just "crack"*it in a few minutes. Encryption works if done well.
    I have no interest in discussing this with you, just telling you the reason we were given when it was released. Best to ask Tim about it, maybe he has a better answer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yay... It'll be even harder to get on the power out of corners! ;)

5. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Not if torque stays the same at the same rev range.

It's easier to spin tires in a mussle car with large engine giving ridiculous torque figures and relatively low power compared to a car with bigger hp output but relatively low torque or it being fairly high up in the rev range. ;)

Also 15 bhp will be hard to notice. It's a difference worth of maybe 0.2s at max on most circuits. It's more of a practice to keep things as realistic and aligned with real world as possible than actual "WOW" difference in the sim. However I welcome it with open arms because I know it won't be only HP figures tweaks for Marussia in next update. ;)

6. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Plus F1 cars are "drive by wire" which enables engineers to setup throttle to be linear. I'm not sure ISI models that though.

7. stonec

stonec Registered

I had a look at the engine.ini file from FISI some time ago. Throttle response is quite linear in higher revs but very nonlinear on lower. Marussia feels similar to me. Most people I know of tweak the throttle curve a lot in controller settings to get a better feeling for this car, some even go as low as 30% sensitivity.

View attachment 13693

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes Marussia needs Launch Control.

I raced 1h30min in Portugal and used brake duct 5 and pad 3 in font, pad 2 in rear, do you rely mean that brake duct 1-7 and brake pad 1-3 can not race 1h30min in Montreal :confused:

9. Brettfan

Brettfan Registered

. Yes.But it's fine that there are also Cars For Real Simracers.My first laps with the Marussia were so slowly like never it had been in another simulated Car.

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I think one big issue for running the Marussia falls on the quality tracks available. From ISI we have Sepang and Silverstone which are F1-capable, besides that off the top of my head we have Bahrain and Hockenheim, then I suppose you could also count the (Codemasters?) Monza and Spa Francorchamps.

11. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I really like the car however I haven't driven it for sometime. The known centre tyre temp issue is a let down for me.

12. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Indy, Portugal, Neurburg, Snetterton.

Oh, and don't be afraid to dump pedal sensitivity to 0.

13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered