Changing graphics card. Amd?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Navigator, Jul 11, 2014.

1. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

Its hardly one sided

2. VMaxMuffin

VMaxMuffin Registered

OK, that's pretty good. I just wanted to check that your system wasn't going to bottleneck a newer card, but you shouldn't have any issues.

Basically, nVidia or AMD, you'll be fine. The 270X is a good card, although I'd recommend going up to an AMD 280 or nVidia GTX760 if you can. What budget do you have for a new case, and where are you located?

I don't think that's entirely true, nVidia isn't preventing AMD from optimising the game for their cards too, they just don't want AMD to get the code from nVidia's own support program (GameWorks).

I've read elsewhere that they've said that they didn't block AMD from working on Watch Dogs, and that AMD chose not to. Naturally, it makes sense that the game performs better on nVidia cards. This goes the other way for some other games too (e.g. Dirt 3 works better with AMD).

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

I'm using an 5850PCS+ with my second PC on a plasma tv and it works fine. Sure not on max level of details but nothing important what would destroy the overall look, rather the contrary, it looks good while the performance is enough for 60fps. I just didn't tryed large starter fields but it should show that AMD is really performing well with rf2 atm. Currently installed driver 14.7 RC1 beta.

4. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

I went to an R9 280x from a GTX 670, and I got a bit of FPS gain, and a lot less random freezes on GMotor games.

I never had freezes with the 670 on other games, though. It just didn't seem to like GMotor games.

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

That freesync tech looks pretty cool though. Whether is works as they say it does is another story but only time will tell.

6. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I'm not sure either, but introducing code and modules that only Nvidia has access to in a game can't be a good thing. Even the developers are not able to modify certain things to optimize the game, they have to rely on Nvidia to work on the modules.
    I thought WD performed better on AMD anyway, to be honest.