FIA sanctioning virtual Polyphony tracks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hexagramme, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

2. myself9

myself9 Registered

Google Translate's French is also terrible. Tried to read it, but it's nearing comedic.

I remember a similar article a few years back where they were showing the GT Academy participants practicing in sim rigs. The OSD was CLEARLY and rF1 product. Pretty damn funny :)

3. Domi

Domi Registered

Like tons of racing teams. I'm pretty sure they know what are they doing.

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

What does this mean?
    a) They are using rF1 because rF2 is not good for them, or
    b) They use rF2 because of reasons...

5. osella

osella Registered

If somebody thinks semi realistic physics needs powerful pc, just think about GPL. That thing could run on a pentium-2 200MHz with 64MB RAM smoothly, cpu about 100 times less powerful and 64 times less RAM than we have today.
    I think 90% of AC's demands on hardware are merely because of graphics, in an empty track with just simulating the car you get 1000fps in AC.

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

c) because ISI isn't doing commercial rF2 licences yet. Tim, correct me if I am wrong. I'm almost certain I remember you saying this before.

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Good point. Although GPL may not be as complex as rF2, it still proves that a more accurate physics model is easily possible on a PS3.

8. Domi

Domi Registered

Probably because they can easily make tires that match closely their own data. With rF1 that's much easier than with rF2. But it's just my guess.

9. peterchen

peterchen Registered

???????????
    Now Im totally confused!!!

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

They didn't license it from us at all. They licensed through a third party who licenses rF1. And he possibly was able to charge them for building the car as well, which means more for him, and that's just fine.

11. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

What do you expect? They're idiots. Corrupt idiots, at that.

Exactly. GT Academy has proved (and is proving) useful as an opportunity for talents like Ordonez and Mardenborough to get into racing but that's the point - they are genuine talents. Playing Gran Turismo isn't what's made them good enough to do it for real.

This discussion about how rF is being used for real training is much more interesting. :)

12. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

well, I probably mentioned it since I desperatly keep trying to advance (which for once I finally came close to this year :p ), but I would rather 'waste' my time for such desperate attempt on rF then GT :D Like I mentioned, I do enjoy playing GT from time to time, especially when not having to much time, but to keep as familiar as possible with physics/ffd, I skipped rF2 for a bit longer then I liked :D