HUDs blank on all vehicles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kuyper, Jun 5, 2014.

1. kuyper

kuyper Registered

I can't correlate it with a specific event, but pretty sure this kicked in when I updated to 660 (although I simultaneously caught up on many car and track mods) but ever since, my Tach and MFD HUDs are blank.

View attachment 13085

This happens to be on a kart (yes, I know it's experimental) but it is the same for all vehicles and all tracks.

One other thing I noticed, but has since cleared, is that auto pit exit resulted in multiple collisions with objects. Again, not sure how that cleared up (several reboots and loading more mods seemed to have cleared it)

Also, multiple components show up as failing verification:
    View attachment 13086

I tried a fresh install to no avail.

Finally tried to uninstall core, but the button is ineffective; it renders but clicking does nothing:
    View attachment 13087

Clues? Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks
    Kuyper

2. 64r

64r Registered

I had this issue for the last few builds (prior to 660). No matter what I did I still had the same issue. For the latest release I uninstalled rF2, then deleted all the content of all the rF2 directories and installed the latest release as a new full installation. I have had no problems since then. Before this I tried installing the lite and full installer over the existing installation and had no luck, so I decided to do a complete reinstall. This could be a problem if you have many mods installed, but I keep a separate drive with the mods so it only took 5 mins to copy them across and reinstall them all again. Hope this helps.

3. kuyper

kuyper Registered

Thanks - I eventually bit the bullet and did an uninstall; I have not re-installed most mods yet, just a few favourite cars and tracks. My HUDs are back up. As is sound (I lost all audio shortly after my earlier post, so I was really forced to uninstall.)

The auto-pit-exit is still crashing, but as long as invulnerability is turned on that's OK. Or I could just be less lazy and drive myself out of the pits :)

However, the crashed the autopilot has are really quite spectacular! :)