Need help officiating a race incident

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Manta, May 23, 2014.

1. Panigale

Panigale Banned

The green car has no race craft. Break left (last second), go slightly deep into the braking zone (to flatten the line coming out) and cross the apex with a lot more speed than the red car. Race craft 101 and a common move in real life. Instead green car boxes the red in (arcade style) and attempts to close the door without being far enough in front to clear the car behind which is a very aggressive move. 99 times out of a 100 you'll have a dented door and a dented ego to show for it.
    Green car setup up the point (to use a tennis term) perfectly, just didn't finish it correctly. That was avoidable contact, the aggressive move was intentional and it resulted in contact. Racing incident maybe, but avoidable contact in racing states the instigator of the collision will be penalized. I watch a ton of racing and I have no dog in this fight (I do think sim folks need to lighten up) but my money would be in real life the green car would get a drive through if this wasn't the last lap. No place for the red car to go.

2. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

But the green car was driving I diagonal while green one was just saving his line parallel to the road. You can not pretend being the red one you will have space when you already was inside and a car is attacking you outside, never. You are saying the green car should move because red one changed his idea way to defend... And FOV is NO excuse, I play 40 FOV in a 24 inch monitor and I have not this problem. You have to assume the car disappeared from your mirror is just in your side, and more if you already choose where you will be. What you can not do is to brake diagonally, he goes for 1 matter to the white line to at least 4 in just few seconds, he even break in diagonal causing contact.

Would like to see league rules, in most I raced and in what I'm admit is red car warning, he has 2,5 cars of room inside...

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

3. Emery

Emery Registered

The red car was already driving diagonally as the green was attempting to pass, before the green car became an obstacle. Red car has a right to the line he's already chosen.

4. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Nothing more to discuss... Next time I defend a position I will use all the road in diagonal, it's my line :) if there is one going straight parallel to the road in a correct way... Who cares? I'm in inside so I can use all road I want.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

5. Emery

Emery Registered

LOL, I'm thinking more in terms of the "move once and then back" rather than weaving all over the place.

6. Xavier De Carvalho

Xavier De Carvalho Registered

-edit

Nevermind, watched the video again, looks more like both cars were trying to get too cheeky with one another...

Typical "you back out, or we crash" type stuff you see all to often in sim racing.

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

This thread is senseless. Nobody is changing is mind so why argue? It it was my league I would penalize the red car and thats it. Others the green car amd others would call it race incident. I think the thread can be closed. No conclusions we should say.

enviado mediante tapatalk

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Lol. this thread is so recognizable. no wonder why most stewards offices are closed for discussions and penalties are final. people never agree no matter what.
    and we haven't even seen the 2 drivers yet. they usually the most passionate about it :)

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

The green car has a lot of space in his left so I don't understand why did he leave a little room for the red car?! He could easily complete the overtaking without risk any incident!

10. Natureboy

Natureboy Registered

Well SPASKIS is right about 1 thing, the steward makes a decision and thats it.

11. Gupster

Gupster Registered

+1

Calling the Competition Committee!!

Two drivers, neither one willing to give an inch... +1 for Racing incident.

12. ggpiucco

ggpiucco Registered

No penalties due to visibility issues and ping. Green car limited Red action to finish the overtaking (Red would have hit the brakes earlier). But Red didn't see Green, Green thought everything was under control... and an online race incident happened.
    Come on, you didn't expect the Green one to leave all space needed for the Red to take the lead, right? He didn't throw the other on the grass. Green made the right move, Red made the right move. I'd blame it on ping and limited visibility.

13. borimoli

borimoli Registered

+ 1

The position of the green car was legal. Why must it go to the left?
    The red car was near the right-top of the track when the green one pass. The collision is at the midle because de red cars moves to the left. The red car could go stratight and had enought space, but dediced to move to the left and must know that the other car were there.

It's really simply and very easy to see.

14. borimoli

borimoli Registered

But why does the green car have to go to the left? Why must he leave more room to the red one? The red one had room enought but decided to go to the left. If the red one did not move to the left there will be not incident, no post, and not discussion. It's really easy to see.

15. bwana

bwana Registered

and the vote tally is Green cars fault 17, red cars fault 3, both 7 . the winner is The Yellow car

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Look at Time Stamp 1:10. Look at it full screen on Youtube in 1080p. This way you can see the steering wheel of the car on the right, the red car, move his wheel to the LEFT a slight amount- but enough. The pass was clean and clear, the green car was past when the red car deliberately caused a collision to try and avoid being overtaken. The red car changed his line to crowd the green car who has completed the passing manuever (he was well past the red car's A pillar).

Now watch at time stamp :35 and watch as the green car is clearly visible in the mirror of the red car. Watch the red car's right side mirror in relation to the side of the track. He is deliberately moving LEFT when another car is already in that lane. There is plenty of room to the right and he does not need to move left, but does. In the overhead shots you can see the same thing.

The red car is at fault, should be penalized. When someone is that far ahead of you, the only thing you can do is drop back, follow and be close enough to take advantage of a mistake.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
  17. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

There's the problem... there's a second green car!

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

LOL. Fixed :eek:

19. SMOK3Y

SMOK3Y Registered

agree with Tim

20. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes it's really senseless to discuss that here, especially because some talk about the little incident on the straight and others about the, in my eyes meant from the thread-opener, incident in the curve at the end of the straight.

But it's like in real life here, ask 10 people about how an accident happened and you get 12 different answers.

And that's what makes life so colourful :)