T500RS with factory brake mod

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aerobaticrug, May 10, 2014.

1. DEK

DEK Registered

Yes its a great piece of work. Cant drive without any more. Was thinking about buying some Fanatec pedals, but just let them go because of it.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I must be the only guy in the world who's braking suffered from the BasherBoards brake mod. Everytime I lift off the brake to start decreasing brake pressure it way too quickly goes from full braking down to like 20% braking. I play with the sensitivities but I just can't get a consistent feel of how much braking I'm applying. I guess in the end I should have know that, busings or not, it's still going by a pot/distance rather than pressure.

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Before I got my T500, I ran a G25 with CSP's. When they worked, the CSP load cell was great. When they finally died and I switched to the T500 pedals, I installed the factory stiffness mod and the pedals are almost as good as the CSP's were. The only negative is that the throw of the T500 pedals is less than the CSP's. But the force needed for the brake pedal is perfect. I use the mod on the lowest stiffness setting. The pedal is very progressive, I can modulate the pressure just fine and I am reasonably fast and consistent on track.

IMHO the load cell mod isn't necessary if you properly install and adjust the stiffness mod.

4. jfchampagne

jfchampagne Registered

5. coops

coops Banned

i would not buy pedals that did not have load cell or were not hydraulic. when you try either 1 you will want to upgrade instantly.

6. jfchampagne

jfchampagne Registered

Take a look at this new brake mod www.thebrakemod.com This mod give you a progressive feel and it helps you to have an accurate braking. It comes harder as you press it like in a real car. It look like the T3PA brake mod but for the T500RS pedal set.

7. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Which bushing did you install? The softer one worked really well for me.

I said this elsewhere too, if someone out there has the stock T500, do yourself a favour and get the basherboard brake mod!

8. jfchampagne

jfchampagne Registered

For T500RS Owner - Conical Rubber Brake Mod to replace oem brake

A new Brake Mod for T500RS as been release in the sim racing world. It is called the BrakeMod. You can get more information at www.thebrakemod.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/theBrakeMod

All simracers who bought this mod are satisfied and generally increase their performance.

9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I tried the brake mod when my T500 arrived, only to take it off after less than an hour, the T500 pedals might be all metal construction, but they are not anywhere near rigid enough for the pressure required with the mod, i can feel the pedals flexing, and that defo doesnt add to my confidence braking. Also couldnt get any consistency just like you... without the mod, i actually find the pedals not bad at all, takes some getting used to for sure, especially from Logitech wheels since their pedals are... bad...

10. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

I run mine stock

11. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered