BSIMRACING article

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valter Cardoso, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Gonzas

Gonzas Registered

and why there is twenty times more people playing at any daytime to another game , the 800€ one?

i tried and tried to play with four friends to one combo , 370Z at Symmons Plains, so i did the mod , and open the server, server added suscefully...... , and then,they tried the get mod option, ...... could not install the mod......., i give them the .rfmod, they istall it , works off line perfectly, going online..... MOD NOT FOUND..... , repack . re-try , re-cry...

maybe is my fault, but i should be able to manage those things, at the end we could not play what we want.

we finish taking a look to the server list.... password , password and more servers with passwords, some non-password servers with one or two people, quite sad.

Regards.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Heh, I got a bit of experience by now setting up our server every week. things are usually no issue....until they suddenly are.
    Just simply adding the two Howstons to the vmod and fire up the server, it would not work, errors errors errors.

Fired up previous event, works like a charm.

recreated vmod with just the G6, no issues.

So yeah, ending up with something we don't want. its tedious but I can't be arsed atm to go and find out what the problem is. its just so random.

3. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Sim racing media is in a very sorry state. Very little positive insights and most often no insight at all.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

370z had a space in the file, which stopped getmod working. If that's what you mean happened.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Media is a reflection of the society feeding it.

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The internet has given a voice to many who like to talk more than they like to think. Many "facts" are disseminated and no fact checking is done. The first casualty of modern journalism is integrity, because a lot of people post anonymously and hide behind a screen name and others don't check the author's credentials (how can you?) or motives. Sometimes people don't have conflicting motives, they are just clueless. Sometimes (I am calling out This Week in Sim Racing) they have direct conflicts- an ad for a product they review right in the same article or video. Professional ethics is tricky but important and unfortunately, many people believe what they read because they don't read or watch things with any level of skepticism. It is human nature and it is a lot easier to blindly believe than to think and check.

Most people are empty toilets into which any crap can be dumped. The problem with rF2 and the negative press it is getting is that there's no video that can show you how realroad and flatspotting affect the racing. They happen over a long period of time. You have to delve deep into the sim to see what makes it different and unless a reviewer actually spends some time with the sim, they declare it drives like it's on ice etc all the crap we have read all along. Another problem is that the FFB is different than with other sims, so when the most common wheel on the market- the G27- has issues with the sim, that immediately puts people off.

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It's interesting how there is so much bias towards one bit or the other, one game or the other, when if looking at it with an unbiased view 2014 has 3 prospective great games that actually do a very good job of simulating something we love. rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa and pCARS are going to be the leaders of the general racing sim market and as much flack as some unknowledgeable people give pC, it's going through some staggering development.

Try thinking of a genre that has a virtual representation, for example shooters and sports. What shooting "sims" can you actually call that? ARMA, CoD, BF? I'd say the closest approximation of these main titles was BF:BC2, which simulated a few aspects that were not just "aim straight and shoot." You still could take a ton of damage, sprint ridiculously, etc. Nowadays they're all absurd.

Basketball? NBA 2k is vastly subpar of what it can offer and these optimizations, even when cracked via hex editors, are limited by inherent engine flaws that have been there for many, many years. Football? FIFA still is arcade madness with features to make gameplay more difficult but still wrong. PES offers the closest sim experience but has many other flaws that gel up to bug the package. Perhaps only baseball has a good virtual offering in MLB The Show, but it's a more static game and again, it's baseball (of great limited interest).

Having a clouded judgment over one of your sim of choice doesn't help development and even further improvement, it only hampers it. This niche market (when compared to shooters, arcades, action games) has three titles coming out that will be pushing each other in different areas, and closing your eyes and covering your ears while making humming sounds to ignore praise/criticism isn't the correct attitude. My personal choice so far has been AC but why should I be biased towards it? I am not part of Kunos, I am myself. I want the best experience possible and AC alone can't provide that as there are a few shortcomings there (which I've brought up in their forum), should I go on defensive mode and deny everything and pick out only specific arguments? No. Should I say that I can make it work for myself as I ignore faults through bias, and make silly claims aimed at some others? No. It is very sad seeing the usual people here making some mindboggling arguments. Most are in my ignore list but I still click to read their posts every now and then, to see if they make a good point or they changed.

8. Gonzas

Gonzas Registered

Yes, Sorry my english.

Well, we will try with other car then.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
  9. FrancoisB

FrancoisB Registered

Blablablabla,, frankly, stupid comparisons between simulation games and answers very muddy developer. You would never advance RF2! Rfactor 2 is a ghost town and he is right! do not forget that there are idiots that do not change your mind,I mean Elitists on this forum!

cordially in your ass!

10. Miro

Miro Registered

11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I actually googled cordially...

12. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

In my country is the opposite. Society is a reflection of the media feeding it (and big media around here represents a small, but with enough financial power, part of the society. And i believe this is what happening in Venezuela too).

Maybe little bit off topic...

13. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

\o/
    Agreed with entire post but this part is a jewel. You got an admirer.

14. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

lol. Nice guy! :p

15. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... :D

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

This is from the other weekend, I believe

(also notice around 4:50 how the car comes off the pit without a rear wing)

17. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Can't see bad issues there mate. I believe FSR is a very international league, so it is possible for some cars to be a bit laggy if the drivers are several countries away from the server. Most of the cars looked stable.

18. Miro

Miro Registered

I was in one of the rF2 FSR races and there were no issues what so ever. Even the opposite, I was surprised by the organisation and how well rF2 did with 26 stunning fast and sensitive cars online (wheel banging and all included).

Some people would complain even if they would get a golden egg as a present.

Can't even tell how frustrating this crap lately is.

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

There's an issue with replays and sometimes random parts (bumpers, wings etc) won't show up in a replay. I was watching my replay of the URD mod at Sebring and some bumpers were missing from the replay.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I thought that it was on "Live" at that moment. The tires/suspension are going up and down up and down from that T-cam shot, especially noticeable early in that broadcast. This is not a witch hunt or anything, just trying to offer what seemed to be a view of a reported issue.