REPLACED Build 590 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Having this issue, but seemingly at random. I start the online portion and it will allow me to join the Megane server and a couple of others, the rest are grey. If I restart all of them are grey. Restart again and the same selection are available for me to join.

I can't really see a pattern in the issues I am having. Raced the last 3 nights on multiple servers, both official and not, with zero issues. Tonight, different story.

2. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

And this evening,no problem !!!
    With two different servers...

3. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Its very odd as nothing was changed on my PC at all...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

4. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hi
    Could it be a router problem or a broadband connection problem. ?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

5. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I did open up the ports required to "quick host" a server, for my spare machine. That's the only difference.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6. elbo

elbo Registered

Is there an ETA for the next build to replace the stuttering piece of crap that is 590?
    I ve tried pretty much all I know and get it back to how smooth the previous build was but the micro stutters are everywhere on every mod.
    FPS are solidly above 60.

7. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Have you tried capping fps to 61 with GPU sync enabled? Just a thought to try it if you haven't, I previously used that and input lag was great and very smooth, good laptimes too, very close to those of 120fps on 60hz monitor. Might not fix whatever is your problem with this build but it's worth a try.

That setting comes courtesy of Kei Kei from his input lag thread:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/9888-Input-lag-measurements

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Micro stuttering is known issue with multi GPU settings and it happens in almost all DX9 games and ISI can do little about to cure this problem.

AFR is the most commonly used rendering method for multi-GPU setups. As its name suggests, successive frames are rendered in their entirety by different cards. The prerequisite for a smooth and stutter-free frame sequence is, however, that the workload for successive frames is more or less equal, and that the performance of the graphics cards is identical or similar.
    This works fine, so long as the workload for both cards is more or less identical. However, even with only two cards, data transmission and data buffering impose stringent requirements on balancing GPU performance. Whether or not the graphics output truly appears synchronous is always a potential issue.

The SLI / GrossFire users must solve this with settings that suit`s hardware you are using, or you can buy third card because of
    for some reason, the third GPU almost always eliminates micro stuttering and has a less-pronounced effect on performance.

;)

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

sorry but your first paragraph is a load of balony, there was stuttering in the early builds which was fixed, 494 was stutter free but 590 has reintroduced it for some people. ISI can do something about and I have faith that they will.

10. elbo

elbo Registered

Thanks for the detailed explanation Ari, however as MarcG points out 494 was relatively free of this (at least on my system) so I'll hold off buying a card in favour of ISI fixing their update.

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

494 was not stutter free, and it is known fact that all multi GPU (2 cards)systems has Micro stuttering when DX9 used and only high FPS (rFactor 2 120FPS +-4FPS) and right gfx settings can cure that.
    My system build 590 high game and GFX settings with 120FPS is 100% stutter free and just for info I did spend 4 evenings to make right settings what suits to my system.

I hope that the ISI continues they work with SLI \ Gross Fire support, every build has some improvements but there is still lot work to do.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

494 was stutter free....for many!

13. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Could well be the issues in 590 are because of what Ari described but it does seem build-related indeed. there's a difference between individual reports and half the people reporting something. which is the case now with the stuttering. with 382 and 494 we did not get these reports pouring in even though some people could have been suffering from it.

So something changed. but i'm not sure if that justifies advising peeps to get a new card. who knows what next build will be like, could be something else card-related and then what, get another one?

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

590 is stutter free..... for many!

15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I had stutters with all the latest builds 240,242, 382, 492, 590 and I agree with you that something is changed with 590 build.
    Extra card do help, for some reason triple cards do not Micro stutter with DX9 games. If you have dual card system , you can solve Micro stuttering but it takes much time and effort.

I read lot here in forums that you should upgrade you card to latest 7xx and 79xx cards, I do not agree with that, if you have 470, 550, 580, 660 etc they still are fine DX9 cards no need to buy new card.

16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yeah. I suspect though that part of it is because people assume a new build will perform more or less the same (i.e. auto-update and just drive) but -for me at least with my system- it requires going back to square one and figuring our what settings and tweaks will work this time.

I had a good streak going for a while, auto updating only improved things so I never bothered to do a fresh install, but with 590 I had to. and it worked for the most part, still not as good as 494 but at least the big issues are gone.
    But it took hours though, tedious task trying all combo's finding those sweet spots.

With all the different hardware/software around its more or less magic how things work or not work for each individual. for example lvl2 AA worked so good in 382 and 494 but now its off. that's just wizzardy if you ask me :)

17. Woodee

Woodee Registered

This is what makes PC gaming the most frustrating, but ultimately the most tweak-able! :) (I couldn't think of the right word, but I think you get my idea)

18. elbo

elbo Registered

all servers have a greyed out join button again...:confused:

19. ElPronto

ElPronto Registered

Hi all Not wanting to be off topic but I post as general 590 server list "things/issue"

IsR has just moved to a new hosting IP.
    I also had "greyed out" join for Isr servers after the move.

SOLUTION .. went back to my edge firewall and added the new sever ip's to the exempt list. ( I run a ClearOS at the edge)

Regards to all

Paul

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
  20. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

+1

Has there been a response from isi regarding the mp issue not being fixed properly?