I believe B494 Auto HDR is underexposing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GCCRacer, Mar 4, 2014.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

Increasing the autoexposure will make the cockpit less dark, but it will also affect the view out of the windshield negatively. Sky and everything will look too white (actually this already happens with current automation HDR inside a dark cockpit such as Civic). Tweaking this any further only means we are back to stage one, where we had to use separate HDR profiles for cockpit and trackcam, because the cockpit window view would look so much brighter. I think the current profile is close to as good as it gets.

2. SMOK3Y

SMOK3Y Registered

so I installed 494 but I haven't seen an "auto" HDR only an on or off? same as before

3. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

It's not the actual HDR option which you can toggle on and off, it's the profile you can load when you have loaded a track (and have activated HDR, of course).
    Load a track first and take a look in the options then.

4. SMOK3Y

SMOK3Y Registered

aaah many thanks

5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Could someone do me a favor and get some screens of a white (Brabham for example) or yellow (Corvette) car from a bit higher up downards, so the roof/upper side is visible, on a bright clear sky day?

I'd really like to know if the stuff I'm seeing in my build is the norm. I see screenshots posted where everything looks much more normal. What I'm seeing is a greyish or blueish tint to all the car colors.

6. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Here you go mate.

Standard ISI Corvette with standard skin on ISI's Silverstone. Bright, clear sky, build 494, automated HDR, all settings maxed out:

[​IMG]

One from ground level too. Same session:

[​IMG]

7. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks Robert!

I figured out that the EGT mod is using shaders which are overreflective... that gives the entire top of the car a blue tint when you run clear sky. So my setup is okay, Ales will have to fix the mod...

8. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Jan Magnussen is Danish not norwegian. Its the norwegian flag next to his name in the shot from above :rolleyes:

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's what was used on the real car :)

10. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Really? Makes sense ;)

11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

People were talking about gamma and contrast in this topic, with some interesting results...

I opened up my catalyst center to see if it was possible to make profiles for such in each game... It doesn't look possible sadly, only 3D profiles are possible nothing about colour and brightness sadly... Would have been nice to be able to crank it up only for rFactor.

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks for bringing the topic up...

I have to admit I made a big error by not having the latest Catalysts, which definitly introduced issues in B494 (but those looked like "new HDR") so half of what I wrote for this topic is not so accurate anymore.

13. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Sure, but the contrast/brightness, still is the most interesting in this topic :p Not your stupid reflections - glad you got them fixed :D