Anyone up for doing some offline endurance racing- through the resume replay feature?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I sent out some PM's to organize this thing. Jamie, GCCRACER and Eddy check your PM's. Galaga- you ought to try this too.

I have had to do a lot of testing and I plucked together a few Prototype mods that LOOK good but drive like crap for the AI to use. I found a GT mod that will work with this combination and looks good and if we the human team drove a BES GT3 car, we will have a full field of 30 cars that are all well balanced. I think the 12H of Portugal will be a go-check your PMs folks.

2. Voodoo Pizzaman

Voodoo Pizzaman Registered

Yes, this sounds like a stellar idea. I would absolutely be interested in this.

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

OK, Voodoo Pizzaman- I sent you a PM also.

the field of cars will include 10 P1 with 5 different models, our GT car, 5 of the the AI GTc 370z GT car and 14 AI in 3 GT3 car models. We'll report findings back to ISI about how it went and work our way up to a 24 Hours of LeMans race :eek:

I did one stint with a field of cars like this in testing and it was amazingly intense. Yes, it was an offline race. Yes, I said intense.

When you guys get the files, take a little time to train the AI- it helps

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

right now we have 5 total drivers for this so we will post in my forum as a central meeting spot and get this organized and pick a car for us to drive

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Jamie & Eddy- Voodoo pizzaman, Whitmore and I have started a testing replay just to make sire all systems are go- join us over at my forum (I think you both registered already) and we are going to pass around a replay of one lap each. Join the discussion over there.

6. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Yes i registered there already and join the discussion overthere.

Cheers Edwin

7. Popeye

Popeye Registered

Signed up. Hope to be able to join in, but work etc. But good idea. Looking forward to it.

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

http://simresults.net/140310-i0q here's the final result of the 4H of Portugal. Our team managed the race well and won.

We had to shorten it after a slew of technical issues we had to sort out.

-The 494 update broke our first replay so we had to restart and decided to shorten it
    -the AI start with fresh tires after a restart, so does the human car
    -I'm not sure about fuel, I think the AI may start from a resume with a full tank. Everyone starts with ALL damage fixed
    -we had to pit AFTER the AI in our class or they would not have to pit and we'd lose out big
    -if you save a replay (IE- quit) while AI are on pit road and you resume from that point, the AI will drive through pit lane and not stop, or their stop will end and they will leave right away
    -AI will not pit while the SC is on track which ended one race prematurely when the SC came out RIGHT at the fuel window and almost the entire GT class ran out of fuel on track. AI=Artificial Idiots

We used x2 fuel so the AI would definitely have to pit before us to keep things fair
    no flag rules (SC ruined the race)
    The game will use YOUR settings (damage, AI strength and aggression etc) not the settings of the person who began the race. So that is good because each driver can tailor the AI level to his/her level of skill.