Why do you play rFactor 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PET, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Gartzen

Gartzen Registered

You have a lot of reasons in the posts above, all of them good. But I'm giving you a headline here: "rF2 is a sim, while all the other racing titles are games"

:cool:

2. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

I play it because is the best sim out there, and have mod suport. :cool:

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Hey Pay2021, empty out your PM inbox so I can message you. The forums won't allow anymore PMs to be sent to you.

4. Bkim

Bkim Registered

At the very moment i think rFactor 2 stand on top of the titles R3E and AC. rFactor 2 is the most ugly race sim i have seen so far but the physics translated into FFB are awesome.
    It feels the most natural to me. AC is way to polished: you steer and the car follows. R3E is a Raceroom...thing, not a Simbin sim: no FFB whatsoever. So yeah, rFactor 2 has all ingredients to be the best of the three.
    At this moment im racing the Brabham at Spa.....my god...what a rush!

5. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Ready!!

6. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I was always interested in motorsports beyond just watching them on TV.
    I wanted to put myself in the drivers shoes and see what it's like. This is why I have little interest in regular racing games, but huge interest in actual racing simulators.

At the moment, there is no "perfect simulator" on the market. Some focus on online experience, some on in-depth simulation, others on overall package.

So why do I play rFactor 2? I wouldn't even say I'm playing it :) I'm using it to satisfy my curiosity about racing cars. When certain features of rF2 will become mature enough, I will start racing. For now I'm just learning the simulation as a software and of course I'm also learning to drive these cars properly.

7. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

I have got so used to it I forget why I play. Then you let someone else have a go. When you have to pry them back out of the seat and all they can ask is "how much? what are the minimum specs? you can race other people online? The occulus what is coming out when? OMG I'm having an assgasm!"

Then I remember why it's worth every penny of whatever you can afford to feed it.

8. Galaga

Galaga Banned

this is the correct answer

9. qusimano

qusimano Registered

I play it cause it has no undercar shadows!i like the buggered graphics soooo much,remember me when i was a kid,playing with psx games without shadows!!
    i plan to stop playing this game when it will fixed!

10. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

You mean your system cannot currently cope with shadows set to full and you intend to be less sarcastic when you can afford that system?

11. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

I play rF2 and sim racers because I want to drive fast - real fast.

But this way, I don't die. I don't write off cars, I don't spend a fortune on maintenance, and I dont get traffic infringements.

12. Tosch

Tosch Registered

This and every now and then comes a nice guy with a gift, like a new car, or a track, or a skin, or whatever and you feel like it is Christmas the whole year. :D (Thanks community!)

13. qusimano

qusimano Registered

Yes Sir i'm so poor please give me some penny so i can afford a new gfx just for see a grey square under the car!!!!!!!
    shadows for charity!!!!

14. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Such exclamation marks

15. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

What other games do you play? A: Graviteam Tactics Operation Star
    What other racing sims do you play and why? A: At the moment only rF2
    Do you watch racing videos on YouTube? And here I mean video games racing. A: Very seldom. I don't seek them out.

Why do I play rF2? I wish I could tell you why but I don't write very well to be able to tell you. :p

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

.....................................forget the fact rF2 is simply the best.

I mean.......... what are we doing here otherwise ? ;)

Too many simmers suffer MSD, they so confused they have no idea what they really want and in turn ask for unrealistic requests ..............as if the sim was built just for them. :cool:

MSD - " multiple simulation disorder "

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
  17. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Grow up, stop whining and buy a decent system. Arguing that a game doesn't run fully on your computer is childish and no one wants to hear it. There are plenty of devices available that can run all settings on full - easily.

If ISI put a grey square under your car just so your tired old system could run it, you would then complain about the grey square.

Please keep your whining to the areas dedicated to whining. Maybe earn some money somehow.

18. Dave362

Dave362 Registered

I play rf2 because it has great physics and is at this time is more full featured compared to AC, meaning it has AI usable with all cars and tracks , and multiplayer. I also really like how much control I have over the experience through easy to use adjustments.

19. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

Because rFactor 2 is the only "current(ish) gen" sim that has useable multiplayer.

Edit: Except for iRacing of course but I've never tried it due to the high (looking?) price.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
  20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Simple....Something about ISI physics, regardless of which iteration of engine (pre-RFactor 1, RFactor 1, RFactor 2) always feel the most technical, deep and raw to me. It translates the hardcore sensitivities that you get in a real-life car at speed much more raw and realistic than any other sim engine.

I am so grateful for my small amount of real-life racing experience, because if it wasn't for that then I would be probably be blinded like so many others into thinking that some other sims are better because they may "feel" good and be less frustrating to drive regardless of your skill level or how hard you push the car. Real life racing really opened my eyes and gave me a real kick in the butt making me realise that when really pushing a car hard that the highly sensitive and dynamic reactions of general RFactor physics are actually much more realsitc than some sims that seem to have had their physics "filtered" in order to make things less sensitive and more accesseable to the general public.

RFactor 2 isn't perfect as no physics engine is, and other companies' physics engines have advantages in certain areas of car behavior and overall physics modelling, but overall the ISI engines always feel the most raw, complex, deep and UNCOMPENSATING/UNCOMPROMISING to me. They feel more "industrial grade" and less "video game" to me.