Now we can compare FFB in rF2 and AC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marc Collins, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I currently own both, but in the future I think I only have time for one. And the one is the one that has better modding capabilities and community.

AC feels quite good with right car/track combination. Thats enough.

2. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Not sure why there is a need for continual comparisons? I happen to think AC is excellent and I'm happy to have more than one sim to enjoy.

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes it is, both are already very promising and the last update of AC is fine and there is still much to expect and i'm sure it will happen soon. The guy's at the south are doing a good job as the west ( from my POV ) do as well, just not with the overall performance. Now i just need a usable version of rf2 on my AMD machine and evrything is fine. :)

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

for me the future in sim racing is unclear, but the future is bright ! which is the main thing and having a blast at the moment too ( skippy in iracing )

I really hope both rf2 and AC turn in to great polished sims, although I fear a lot that one of them or maybe both of them will not,

ISI do need to get behind rf2 as their main project to avoid rf2 failing,
    AC I think will be successful even if turns out that it dos not apeal (sadly) to me
    ( as I'm a bit of a hardcore sim type etc ......not sure if AC will fit that )

just waiting for steam to update AC ( .5 .2 what ever ) now but will only give it 40mins or so just to check,
    which is all I'll maybe do when ISI release another build for rf2 ..... if ...when ...

& whilst we're talking about the future -I have great hardware but seriously awaiting the oculus rift !!

( or which ever VR headset is best if there is a choice ! )

if (for me) its just iracing left standing, then that will be fine but may also get into arma 3 etc as a 2nd title
    ( shame as I use a full motion platform setup for sim-racing but this will still get good use )

p.s checked in a few times today after a bit of a break and the ISI servers have been mainly empty
    - is everyone a tad hacked off with rf2 at the moment ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
  5. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Meh. Ffb feels same. 458 physics decent. 49 physics improved. Rf2 challeneger? Lol.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, hype it is. I was commenting that those of us who did not like AC's FFB might want to give the latest build (released yesterday, so reviews from the past are irrelevant) a try. It is vastly improved and now feels remarkably like rF2's (has since Day 1).

I don't care whether people think AC or rF2 is better and I definitely don't care if you think we shouldn't discuss it--go &^%$ yourself if you have that attitude and don't waste everyone's bandwidth responding.

AC and rF2 are two of the three most serious racing sims available to consumers, so discussion of the merits and various technical differences is relevant and, to some of us, interesting.

My point was that if you added the amount of grip to a vehicle in rF2 that AC has, the two sims would probably feel quite a bit alike. The previous "limited" FFB in AC is gone, presumably for good. They have somehow, in the space of a few weeks, transformed it into something very similar to rF2. iRacing NTM 5 cars also now feel a lot more like rF2 in the FFB department. I am perceiving a convergence of these three sims to the pinnacle that rF2 has been since its release.

Is that not interesting? That the two main competitor products that beat rF2 in many ways are now catching-up in the way that rF2 has always been at the top of the class?? I would say yes. I am hopeful that rF2 will continue to evolve and for ISI's sake, I hope it is more rapidly than in the past two years.

7. AndS

AndS Registered

1+
    If you're comparing current versions only, than it's ok. rF2 has like 4 years in it, and AC is out like 3 months? It serves none to predict the future (what it's gonna be), let it grow up. Some will find both sims great fun and that's fine. If on the other hand some don't, that's fine too. Just don't be disrespectful, both have a lot of great work incorporated. Yes, as of now, rF2 feels better with real road and all other stuff that AC hasn't got, but rF2 didn't have those 28 month ago, did it? If you're happy with rF2 only, i'm happy, since i'm happy with AC too. I think it's a wonderful start. Peace.

8. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

To check the progress of both games and to compare said progress.

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

The thing is that competitors or newomer don't sleep while they have and still learn from tha best and in my eyes one of the grandfathers of consumer simulation whom for me one of those and leader is ISI. Also even when there is no official agreement in puplic places with user, they use the Info sometimes and learn and would never say they learned from but they do. The ones who know will understand. The thing with the FFB, i'm sure they all around ISI accept it is the better one which real guys prefer and use it as a model for their own with some personal interpretation and optimization maybe, at least they try to do so. I personally can finally say i like it already, and the more to see they all have understand how things should be. Of course todays consumer hardware allows some more but all this should have already happen a long time ago. I for one will lean back and wait while trying casually here and there until something is more usefull.

10. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

11. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Didin't change my ffb settings after the latest AC update so I haven't noticed that it would feel the same as rf2. With my current settings they feel different but both is good. Maybe I feel the lateral forces, like weight sihfts, better in AC. RF2 has maybe stronger forces.

Other than ffb, AC looks more shiny but not sure if more realistic, it has some cartoonish elements in it. My first impressions of AC AI is positive but in rf2 you can adjust the AI strenght more so it's hard to compare. I hate that penalty system in AC, hope they give option to remove it soon. Not sure which sim has better sounds, they are good in both. AC has street cars that I hope I would see in rf2.

I think these comparisons are interesting.

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Lets say we could compare these two cars in the video ( no idea what they are): You can clearly see the lower grip level in rf2, much more sideways correction moves when the car in AC is much more stable.

The thing I think is better in AC in physics/ffb department is that in gently sloping turns cars don't never feel light and unconnected when slightly turning a car but heavy and connected as it should be imo.

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Tried AC after the update, feels slightly improved but still no where near the quality of rf2 (to me) or Iracing,
    AC's ffb has some good characteristics though but I'd have rf2 ffb any day.

I'm not sure if AC should be compared to the hard core sims at that are currently available as I don't think it's even being aimed at the hard core market

Anyhow it's good that AC is improving & I'm keen to try the mods that will become available after full release
    ( full release around April time ? )

15. GaryL

GaryL Registered

I cant get AC to feel good at all, my main gripe is the middle say, 30deg of rotation is way to twitchy and instant and sensitive, and for me that's the area of steering input I prefer to be exactly as I steer, with rF2 I have never had to touch anything and my G25 has always felt absolutely perfect, of course AC looks delicious and runs flawless, is there no chance of some kind of ISI-Kunos merger?.

16. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

+1, come on Andreas :p rFactor 2 looks better than pCARS too? A break, give it to me...

That is so untrue for me... I have pCARS, I have rF2. On roughly the same sort of settings, either high or max (highest and next to highest) settings - on silverstone with 9 AI's in pCARS I get more FPS than with Silverstone and NO AI in rF2. It's not like I get 100 FPS in pCARS, more like 30-35, dipping into low 20's. I sometimes get rF2 going just below 20 FPS, jumping between 20 and 50 around the track.

The difference is though... pCARS looks much, much more appealing, realer than rFactor 2

Then there is AC in between these two in terms of looks - and it just BLOWS both of them out of the water when it comes to FPS, I get 60-80, stable.

rF2 is waaaay behind both when it comes to looks and optimization in the same equation.

17. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

Who has tried AC with AI cars? OH MY GOD. AWFUL.

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

How come?... I did BMW race and it was quite enjoyable so not sure what you mean...

19. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

ISI foruns should get some moderators...
    Im free to have a diferent opinion from you. If you are not man enough to handle diferent opinions then dont open threads and go get a girl. It could help you a lot.

20. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Instead of moderators, just don't escalate things by insulting people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.