New Nvidia 332.21 Driver: AC support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SPASKIS, Jan 12, 2014.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I just realized a new version of nvidia driver is available for almost a week which I didn't see announced in this forum.
    What surprises me the most is to see AC support within the release notes. It is only some months since it was released and as rF2 is in development phase.
    rF2 is two years old since a couple of days (Happy Birthday BTW) since the first beta release. In terms of graphical performance it should be more optimized for people fulfillng the recommended minimums. Although Tim has said that contacts with Nvidia are good I am not so sure that nvidia is paying muh attention to rF2 atm.
    View attachment 11440

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
  2. rhamm

rhamm Registered

Wow, they created a profile for lazy people for Assetto Corsa.

3. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

AC is much more commerical than rF, and its only a SLI profile, no biggy

4. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Even though it's not there yet, AC looks so much more stable and clean-looking. The tech is just much better. I don't know about the rest.

5. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Agreed, +1, this... all that expressions used to reinforce someone´s opinion.

ps: not saying that is a bad thing. It would be ghreat to rf2 if NVdia technicians tested their drivers update on rf2.

6. philman

philman Registered

I bought AC but I can tell you that I do not find the graphics extremely exciting. The NVidia profile specific to AC that has been recently displayed is buggy.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The nVidia drivers already have an rF2 profile. Not too sure what the issue is here.

8. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

New in Release 296.10 (Tue Mar 13, 2012)

Adds support for the new GeForce GTX 560 SE GPU.
    Updates PhysX System Software to version 9.12.0213.
    Boosts SLI performance in the following games:
    Blacklight: Retribution – up to 1.8x performance increase
    DiRT 3 – updated DX11 profile to improve menu performance
    Dishonored
    Dungeon Defenders
    F1 2011 – improves performance with game patch 1.2
    rFactor 2

http://www.geforce.co.uk/search/search-results/rFactor 2

9. 2tyred

2tyred Registered

Don't SLI profiles do extra optimisations that you can't force though? So not exactly "for lazy people".
    Not sure if rf2 has an SLI profile - from all the stuff i can see it only has a 3d vision one (which seems rather less crucial).

Anyway, an important notice, this new driver (and possibly the one before it) breaks nvidia surround!

I was getting BSOD and reboots when trying to enable surround with it. Both with or without an accessory monitor.

So basically, i had to go back to 320.49 in order to get the pc not to have a stroke every time i tried to activate it.

Advice thanks to this post: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/660119/nvlddmkm-sys-bsod-when-enabling-surround/?offset=3
    Though the guy certainly doesn't seem pleased by the lack of response or support from nvidia. In fact surround seems rather buggy / broken for a lot of people :eek:

10. Magus

Magus Registered

Problem is that SLi-Multiview-HDR (& reflections) don't play well together at all, so the Nvidia Drivers need to be optimised, or the game needs to be optimised or both.

11. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

lol @ date and @ my GPU

12. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

I cant understand how after 2 years of development (public) this game dont works with SLI.

13. Richard DK

Richard DK Registered

I payed for rFactor2 in january 2012 and after a lot of troubles at that time with TripleScreen, I uninstalled this game after a months try and forgot all about it until now.

Today I wanted to see how far rFactor had come, but again TripleScreen doesnot work correctly! After two years!

So now I uninstall this game forever!

I have no troubles with iRacing, LFS, GSC 2013 and Formula Trucks 2013..the only 4 games i`m playing.....oohhh I forgot AC, that works too.

Bye rFactor2.......

14. doug484

doug484 Registered

Good riddance, but you'll be back, won't you? You sign up for an account in this forum just today only so you can to tell us how dumb we all are?

Triple screen works fine for me in rF2, and has been working for me for a while. The misinformation around here is incredible.

15. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Has it really been two years?

16. Magus

Magus Registered

Triple Screen - Sli - Multiview - HDR - Reflections doesn't work well in rf2. I can't see from your pc specs what you are running but on 4gb GTX680's in Sli I can tell you that rf2 does not compare well to other racers in graphical performance.

17. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Obvious troll is all. ;)

18. doug484

doug484 Registered

I am running triple screen with a single 2GB water-cooled GTX770. It looks pretty darn good to me. The source of my irritation with the guy is that we all are running vastly different hardware, but to blame -the software- because of the hardware's inability to handle the game (finished, or not) or the end user's inability to configure his computer, is plain stupid.

It is like blaming the hammer for smashing your thumb when you miss the nail.

BTW, I have been working in I.T. for over 20 years, so users piss me off.

19. Magus

Magus Registered

I think you missed the point of this thread. Nvidia released a new AC SLI PROFILE. The complaint was that after 2 yrs rf2 hasn't received a new SLI PROFILE where it clearly needs it as Sli - Multiview - HDR - Reflections are still an issue for those running 2 cards. In fact rf2 run better on my single 680 than when both in sli. Surely you can see this means there is something wrong somewhere, whether in the drivers or the game or both. It has absolutely nothing to do with me not being able to configure my system.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

20. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I think the dismissers are aware that this is common for many games and think that you shouldn't try to make things progress. "Buy better pc lol", etc.