Civic with FPS terrible drops in any track offiline/online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PedroM, Jan 7, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Or when that user spoke to us and was asked to push the issue with them, you mean?

I don't know how many times I have to say that rF2 is an ongoing development, that the graphics engine is a part of that, that AMD performance should improve, but slower than we want to it due to lack of support, for people to actually know that rF2 is an ongoing development, including the graphics engine, and that AMD performance should improve, but slower than anybody wants it to. I say these things - a lot, I'm amazed you've not even seen one.

But, now I think about it, you did refuse to see the ATI versus nVidia performance difference as being different to the Civic versus Clio performance in an earlier post. If you continue to do that, you probably will continue to miss further references and replies about the ATI issue. Which is OK, but please don't say there's no notification, acknowledgement or statements about it just because every performance issue is the same one for you. It won't be for everyone. :)

2. Domi

Domi Registered

Maybe then you should advise to new users that the game, on its ongoing development, has serious framerate issues with AMD cards in some official source, aka website. Would be a fair statement for an ongoing development product.

Because it's not different, it makes an already existing problem even worse. Surely it won't be an issue for an average nvidia user, but there is still a huge portion of users with AMD cards. Also now that we are exchanging suggestions, let me also suggest that if the problem keeps being a non priority stage (sorry, but after 2 years with almost no progress I don't think it's a priority thing for ISI), a lot of people will give up (I have several friends who sadly already gave up on rF2 and moved to other sims), and that's something nobody wants to see, I hope :)

Goodnight.

3. Bram

Bram Registered

What are exactly the reasons such things get fixed in such an incredible low pace?

I mean if all AMD users encounter these drops its quite a showstopper that needs to be prioritized?

4. 88mphTim

Everyone has both the demo and a 7 day period to check how the software performs, along with an important notification at the top of the purchase page stating that rF2 is an ongoing development, and to make sure they decide to keep it based on how it performs during that 7 days, not even about how it might in the future.

5. 88mphTim

Very few people develop new or radically alter graphics engines under public supervision. I can't think of any other sim developer who has done this. Most of the time, the graphics happens behind closed doors and they might tune physics, develop AI, etc, under public scrutiny.

Pace is dependent on many factors. AMD difference to nVidia specifically as AMD requires trial and error, tests, while nVidia requires nVidia and subsequent alterations advised.

Using lower settings to increase FPS indicates it is not a showstopper, as evident by the posts in this thread from AMD users who do that.

6. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

3770K @ 4.5ghz
    GTX 780Ti OC
    16GB DDR3 2133
    SSD 120GB

2 Laps on Silverstone
    21 Civic's
    Raining
    Last place on the grid

1680x1050 Maximum ingame settings 3xAA 16xAF

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
    30395, 355516, 57, 130, 85.495

If I remember well Silverstone its the most demanding track too... Unplayable? For the most of user yes! its unplayable but for a GTX Titan? no way. For 4 of then? if it is there's a driver problem or the game its not ready yet for SLI configuration. Now I challenge you to get AC or even Project cars running with only one card in the same track, rain and 21 cars with the same average and minimum fps.

There's a bug in Civic? maybe! It CTD with more than 21 Civic ingame.

Tomorrow I Upload the video in full quality recorded at same time with Shadowplay

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

In my AC you can not add AI and you can not switz Nvidia 3D Vision of hot keys don't work.

8. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

there's an ini hack you can do to get a full grid and test fps with the latest AC build.

10. 88mphTim

I assume you reached the video memory limits on your video card. You can either use less opponents, or reduce texture settings, to use less memory.

11. PedroM

PedroM Registered

sorry
    Just been testing and the problem are Probably Shadows, from low to off boost to 90 FPS.
    Keeping all details on full inclusive AI full detail
    boost is on shadows, so please have a look to them
    From low to off gain of 60
    From medium to low 20diff
    From medium to off 70 fps gain
    Must be something wrong i guess
    On others cars the impact is much less
    Ps- blur of

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
  12. Tony H

Tony H Banned

yer, your reaching your vram memory limit with them on, as Tim mentioned ;-)

13. MJP

MJP Registered

14. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

I assume rF2's engine just can't handle that much together, it happens before everything is completely loaded in the memory since it crashes at a meemory usage of 1200mb or theres a serious bug in there somewhere.
    It even crashes when I try it at 800*600 with 22cars, other recently released cars like for instance the Camaro don't have it so maybe the engine has a problem with the huge amount of polygons on the screen which make it go kookoo, no idea. Might be something to pass on to the engineer

15. 88mphTim

The post right above yours might be a good indicator that your assumption might not be correct. It's memory usage, and it will obviously affect those first who have lower amounts of memory.

16. Timpie Claessens

Let me rephrase that
    I have a ram usage of 70% total (3.3gb is rf2) and vid mem usage of 2.5gb (at 5760*1200) with 21 cars at Silverstone, it's not going to add 600mb of vid mem usage or, I don't know, 4gb of ram usage by adding 1 car...
    And when the exact same thing happens with the exact same parameters (ie 22 civics on SIlverstone) but with a resolution that instead of having to render 7.000.000pix only has to render 480.000pix I'm quite sure something else is up no? I agree that RAM usage doesn't change when changing resolutions but it's also nowhere near maxed out so there must be something else going on. How much overhead room does it need to run properly?

And this is a completely fresh install with only ISI mods because the game was uninstalled before the last build so can't be any mods or plugins that are causing it.

I also agree that it does have something to do with memory usage of some sort because trying to load the 21 car scenario without Firefox open is no problem but trying to do it with Firefox (since I was typing up this post) open which adds the whole 200mb makes it crash aswelL But again, with a wiggle room of 29% it really shouldnt be causing issues.

Code:
      Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem:	APPCRASH
      Naam van de toepassing:	rFactor2.exe
      Versie van toepassing:	1.3.8.1
      Tijdstempel van toepassing:	52b1c539
      Naam van foutmodule:	HsSrv.dll
      Versie van foutmodule:	1.0.10.917
      Tijdstempel van foutmodule:	4c930239
      Uitzonderingscode:	40000015
      Uitzonderingsmarge:	00017aaf
      Versie van besturingssysteem:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Landinstelling-id:	2067
      Aanvullende informatie 1:	bb82
      Aanvullende informatie 2:	bb8200c57dbe9e6415e68e59b2c5f618
      Aanvullende informatie 3:	f7d5
      Aanvullende informatie 4:	f7d56b82ae2bd3df530d6b4fc6c54cd7

17. 88mphTim

It's video memory, not system memory.

18. Timpie Claessens

Well neither of them are close to maxed out which you could read in the posT. Is rf2 still a 32-bit application? Maybe it has omething to do with that.
    Anyway, neither of use are developpers of software engineers for this piece of software so please pass on the problem.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

5760*1200*32 bit = 27 megs.

Am I missing something, or is video resolution too often looked at regarding memory usage?

20. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

I never have CTD with honda.
    MY GPU is a"little" HD5850 1Gb of video memory. :eek:

I do a test in single player with 27 AI's @ 1920x1080; AA level1; HDR: ON Sync:Video: FullScreen

View attachment 11408

I get 28--35 fps but the game is smooth.

AMD Direct3D Version 9.14.10.01001

I install Catalyst 13.12 but when check version i get 13.6 maybe need to do a driver clean.