Rude/Bizarre Online Players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickbalti, Nov 28, 2013.

1. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

So far I've been in a lot of servers, mainly the IsR ones and the ISI ones. I usually find helpful players, but mainly quiet ones, who just want to get on with the race. I've seen a few get angry because they've been knocked off. But today I came accross the most bizarre for me!!! Guy joins the ISI Touring Server. He is DQ'ed in Qualy twice (we did a restart) because of the pit lane.

Then I post a 49.500, and off he goes, calling me a f*****g cheater, calling me a kid, telling me I have no life. It goes on. He says he was watching me go full throttle through grass :S I was that confused I even took pictures of the conversation on my phone lol.

Anyways, I found it weird that this person had invested in the game, I assume he's invested into some form of a wheel, why are some people wasting their time and effort! Unsure if I am allowed to name and shame but his name was mihamedo. I really hope he/she/it is on this forum, because I'd love an explanation or to explain!

Anyone have any other similar experiences?

2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Yes, other people are the reason why I don't like racing online :)

3. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

But that was my first incident since rf2 came out. Not so bad I guess

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yeah it happens on occasion, not much you can do about I think.

Its weird indeed that with such a 'serious' and demanding platform some people would rather troll and flame but then again, that's just a moment in time, maybe he was having a bad day and took it out on you and tomorrow he's cool again. who knows.

Misconceptions are the most common reason though, fast times that seem impossible are reason enough for some to immediately call someone a cheater. I've got some flaming a while ago for bumping someone in a race. I never noticed any contact so either it was someone else or it was lag but he was going to post everything on these forums and 'call me out'
    I even challenged him to do that and post a replay, it never happened though.

People just have short fuses and it could well be someone's inability to drive fast or consistent only fuels that frustration. blaming others is the easiest route as per usual on the interweb.

Just ignore, or remain polite, but don't engage, that will only make it worse. don't feed the trolls :)

But naming and shaming, like you kinda did, also don't help much. it only gives people reason to do it as well or come in and go mental on the forums. that's never good.
    And who knows, if its a troll he could just change name, start trolling and change back. maybe even trying to hurt the real mihamedo. you never know :)

5. CRex

CRex Registered

It will happen from time to time. Not very uncommon in iRacing I'd say, heard alot of salty (to say the least) language there.

So you kept your nick, nickbalti. I remember you suggested you wanted to change it :)

6. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

If you haven't done already Join a good sim community and race in fun runs or join a league. I must admit I haven't seen much from wreckers or idiots on the open servers, far less than our old friend skidrow or skidmark whatever his name was in Race 07.

7. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

@nicbalti...
    It's always best to ignore "idiots".
    You'll come across them from time to time.
    I once had a guy purposely knock me off track and he proceeded to call me an idiot...even suggesting I should be banned when he saw me on another server months later.
    He was being a complete git.
    I just ignored him and he got the point.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I have done more then anyone I know to help people in rooms, that was always my vision of F3 ROOKIES

I don't ignore what you call
    but turn them into decent lappers so they can go out and join your rooms without being called

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2013
  9. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

:D

Iam playing online games since 15 years now. I really find it funny how this whole stuff "evolved". Iam mainly into Sims since some years now because i can't handle the normal gamers anymore. Its everywhere the same, if you are new or having just a bad day you gonna be called a noob, if your familiar with the game these guys call u a cheater and everything else and really start to insult you, just because you are better, faster or whatever. And there are people who repeat their faults over and over. Don't know if those guys have some kind of learning curve in their daily life. Like playin a first person shooter and u kill this particular guy everytime on the same spot. In race games its a bit diffrent because most of these guys think they could drive against real people like they are racing the ai. In a lot of games over the years it was the best strategy to win your race in the first lap, using the ai as some kind of guardrail in tight corners.
    I think he invested in those game because he liked the look of it and got banned from the servers of all other racing games he owns for his rude behaviour. :)

Don't take it personal, like people already said u meet those idiots everywhere and its gonna get worse :) But thanks to steam and AC most of those idiots gonna stay away from rf2. :) As long as the cheating isn't like Race07 where guys join with formula cars on mini servers and ISI do something against them in some way its gonna be good. :)

People nowadays don't read manuals or play tutorials. Just joinin MP servers start asking questions which button has which function. Its sad to say but you really have to search for communities nowadays to get some decent playtime. Public servers are a mess like public transportation. :)

But haven't got such an encounter in rf2 for now.

10. Pedro Martins

Pedro Martins Registered

ohhh I know mihamedo, already saw him once or twice bitching in the chat. Just ignore him I guess...

the skidrow that sometimes shows up in the race 07 servers are people using the pirated version of the game. Luckily I think it was relatively easy for the server admin to ban these guys... some good race in the 100Mbit public servers :)

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Just can't agree mate , I have personally helped 100s of people, sometimes all sessions on every facet of the sim.

EP, Hector , Steven , me , many others used to spend DAYS on END helping people.

My room rules were when you get help you give the same back to another, pretty simple concept.

These rooms do exist.

12. CRex

CRex Registered

Could you suggest a good community perhaps? I'm looking for a large(ish) european one. I'm tired of the wrecking warfare on publics.

13. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Public servers? No thanks.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

There ya go typical driver sticks his hand in the sand

MATE YOU WOULD NOT HAVE A CLUE WHAT A GOOD OPEN ROOM IS.

oh dearie me

15. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

I´m living proof how this is true. Among people like DD, Bryan B, Mck8, Hectari, Dave Millard, some guys of SR4L, from ~ISR~ and many other that not bother to take some time to teach not only some hints of driving and setups, even english etiquette to me.
    I can say these people change my mind about racing online on public servers. At rf2 release and for many time after i was avoiding playing online. Nowadays it is really an exception playing in single player mode and for sure i will buy the lifetime subscription to rf2 at certain point just because these people and because rf2 online community has really few players running like crack addicts trying to overtake you no matter what.
    Sometimes i think thats is a good thing having a smaller community.

16. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Really?! You are utterly deluded! This post is extremely hypocritical, if anyone should not make a post giving advice on this matter, it is you. Not only did you run off after our initial 'incident' to record the replay and heavily edit it and present it to the community along with lies, you are yet again making a post with your own deluded take on events.

If you had been man enough to address your issue with my 'love-tap' at the end of qualifying, in which you had stopped your car on the main straight, you would have simply received an apology from me and I would have known not to do it to you again(since that thread and people's comments on the matter I know some don't like it so only do it with people I know won't be bothered about it. That's really the only positive that came from that debacle). There was no malice in it and you can't even appreciate the fact that I am a fair driver and made every attempt to avoid contact with you while we were on timed laps. You seemed to be bothered enough to waste your time making a video out of it to get at me, maybe not realising that I would see it on the forum. Very perverse! Why did you have to make a public issue of what happened, deceiving everyone of what actually happened? If there was a real issue, surely you would be able to present the facts in an unbiased manner to let people judge for themselves and give feedback, which is exactly what I did in my reply thread. I had actually seen your thread straight away when you posted, but I thought I would wait and see what people would make of it before jumping in. I was completely disgusted by what you did, really shameful, a pathetic attempt to smear me, 'sometimes a little shame is good' is what you said, saying i would ruin the races of other drivers. You said it ended your race, which funnily enough you also uploaded the race that happened immediately after qualifying to your youtube channel alongside the video from qualifying. There are plenty of people that will vouch for me being a fair driver, i'm even fair with people I don't like, just because I don't like someone doesn't mean I will be unsporting because of it.

Since being on that server I had actually seen you around on other servers, but had no need or desire to interact with you, that is until we were on DD's F3 Rookies server @ Longford. You crashed into Durge near the start of a quali lap and were not on any kind of hotlap, I caught you that lap from a long way back and was on a very good lap, on the long back straight I committed to a side to pass you and you blocked me, we made a small contact and I backed off, you then missed your braking point and went into the field. After this I apologised for the contact but I hadn't expected you to move over and pointed out that you should have yielded, since you weren't on a hotlap. You also weren't very familiar with the track at that point from what I gathered. You were extemely rude. Seemed to me like you couldn't stand to let me go by. Anyway that set me off and my comment to you about being banned was referring to the fact that I should have reported you and request that you be banned for the shameful 'Rammers' thread you made here on the forum. You should really be ashamed of yourself for acting in such a way. You clearly have an issue greater than what is plainly visible with this whole thing, projecting it onto me is not healthy. You stil have a lesson to learn but it seems you are incapable of seeing the wood for the trees.

I regret that I have had to make this post, it is unfortunate but i'm not going to sit by and read complete b.s. posted by some moron with a complete lack of understanding. You needed to be outed for what you did before and you needed to be outed again. You are a disgusting guttersnipe.

17. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Oh and I didn't say a single word to you in the session after the love-tap, you seen to really struggle to be factual about anything.

If anyone not familiar with this whole thing and has some time to waste, here are the links to the threads, Saabjock is a great example of what not to do(has since deleted his unbelievable propaganda from youtube):

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/9128-Rammers-sometimes-a-little-shame-is-good

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/9143-Rammers-a-different-perspective

18. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

See what you did Nick :p

20. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

As I said before nickbalti....just ignore them.