Assetto Corsa Respectful Comparison

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Minibull, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maug

Maug Registered

Do you know what lift off oversteer is? In that video at 0:50 the driver is coming hard, braking hard and downshifting twice and turning. That must surely not upset the car balance at all. It must be the throttle lift...

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Search this thread. You will see everyone complaining about too much push (regardless of set) and no lift oversteer. The argument has always been about it not reacting to inputs like a real car does. It's the AC defenders that keep bringing up the whole "hard <> real" argument. It really isn't about easy vs. hard. It is about reacting to inputs the way a real car does.

3. F60

F60 Registered

I showed a video comparison which is a carbon copy of AC. Alonso was under steering without throttle. Most of the cars in the game are street cars which naturally understeer. The Gt2 does not understeer and turns very sharp, so what are you on about?

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

So much words for nothing, really. Don't know anybody and it might be possible it's because the one is just a driver, the next a fast driver and the next is a technician and driver, but i can tell you there is no need for a pro technician to test the software for hours and days just to find out there is something wrong. No offense here, i just try to explain why some people don't need intense testing to rate or realise a error on vehicle dynamics and the first i feelt is the wrong interpreted forces on the steering wheel, followed from a flawed suspension geometrie letting cars bounce like a ball. This and more i catched up after some minutes. So i could all the findings postet and stretched over tonns of thread sites in the very first post but for what reason, just to show anybody that i'm able to point my fingers on errors of a beta software in a competitor forum ? I have the feeling some people which are participating with rf2 are happy to find some errors to justify the existence of rf2 in its current state.

Again go and tell the responsible how wrong there software is.

It's a bit childish what's going on here imho.

5. williang83

williang83 Registered

Quote!!!!

6. Domi

Domi Registered

A bit better now?

7. Miro

Miro Registered

The cars just have to much grip, pointless spins doesn't prove that isn't true. Even a train jumps out of it's rails when going to fast if you get what I mean.
    As said the small FWD Abarth is the most accurate car in AC IMO and yes, the Ferrari is also much fun but after that comes the universe and then the other cars.

Side note joke. ;)
    Now I get why the Ferrari F1 team has it's problems and the car lacks speed and grip cuz the simulator shows just way too much grip with the data compared to RL.
    I know a bit evil , isn't it, but just way to funny. :p

8. goerekt

goerekt Registered

well, i just paid the 35€ and after 3 hours of testing this is my sum up:

-nice graphics, ui
    -stable and good fps
    -ffb is "boring" and doesnt give me the information i need, rf2's ffb is like two classes better
    -physics seems good, cant complain
    -quality content, better than rf2
    -after playing 3 hours, i'm already bored, no AI, no races, no rain, just cruising around
    -rf2 is much, much, much more fun, the dynamic stuff, the ffb
    -kunos must work hard to get the fun level of rf2, then it's an amazing product

as soon as there is a multiplayer, i will try it again

9. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

You misunderstood.
    Curbs can unsettle the car. This does mean car will spin automatically. It will be unsettled - nothing more, nothing less.
    Now if the car spins or not - that depends on what were you doing with it, while it was unsettled and on design/balance of the car.

More on the subject here: LINK

"Being possible" doesn't imply "happening all the time" :)

10. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Some users showed videos with Abarth oversteering (street cars are not an issue, I'm talking allways about competition cars), and I said lots of times that you can oversteeer the car! but not in the limit, to get that you have to force It, with setup, and driving... and with time loss. Yo can't do that in "racing" conditions, you can't play with that. And for now are laps 2.5 seconds faster that Nicolas Costa Imola times, and in Costa onboards you can clearly see how he has to "play" sometimes with the rear end, and in AC laps that are 2.5 secs faster the car is totally planted, just brake and then full throttle.

As I said, It's not the impossibily to slide, It's the stuff you have to do to achieve It. And not, again, It's no hard to spin at 80km/h if you are doing things wrong. AC looks OK, but only "looks", you can reproduce most of racing situations, but you do not need to the the same to achieve It. It's so easy to stay planted, so hard to slide.

I'm sure most of drivers in this video are far from push the car:

Or... AC feels so different from rF2 (and other sims) while pushing, but for sure rF2 (and also iRacingg I think) reproduce fine this "weird" situations:

After this second video, how can be both correct? rF2 I compared, and also with telemtry some cars, that matchs great with real cars, but AC feels different (despite looking OK sometimes), who is mistaken?

And some extra videos, when someone suffer this in rF2, not all, but some guys says rF2 It's wrong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrLn_po5YNI

This seems ICE, or they had a mistake? (like lots in sims): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AR5FQ1JMnA

This is almost impossible to see in AC although you are driving like a monkey, and this car is similar to F Abarth (I know there is an elevation, as in AC, in AC in elevations the car is not harder to drive):

This is not so valild because of cold temps, but see the behaviour of the car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keyz6BVEf-4

Edit: Slick tyres and downforce does not mean cars glued to road... the car is glued when the hands are good (in rF2 I repeated lots of times you can get high G force cornering, as in real life, just working with the car and knowing It and the setup you are using). When you do not see any spin in a race Its because they are proffesionals and in some cases even they are just driving "safe" (in lots of GT amateur and national categories). They are proffessionals, and make It looks easy and grippy (FIA GT1 official videos are awesome), but only because they are driving fine, I just searched for few mins to found the previous videos... cars losing control when not driving properly, even under limit conditions. Ah... when I recover my rF activation I will show how in rF2 you can get both drivings, aggressive and slippery, and totally grippy as FIA GT1 videos with GTR :), I tried It before, but I need to wait for rF2 reactiavation :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
  11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I'm suprised that when I check my fps it was only 55-70... much lower than with rf2. Something wrong here?

Settings:

View attachment 10774 (last setting is 6)

my pc specs in my profile (AA is controlled by software in Nvidia control panel)

12. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Surface seems slippery. I'd advise to keep suc hvideos out of this discussion, as Assetto Corsa does not have weather yet, so you can't compare.

Similar to what I was getting on my GeForce 450 GTS in Tech Demo.
    I had all settings on maximum except for cubemap resolution. On maximum cubemap resolution I had 2 FPS. Anything below max was fine.

13. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Oops, fail :) I thought was simply dry.

This in rF2... OH, ICE!:

It's so easy to find this situations, more than thought!

14. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

And this is what the E30 M3 is supposed to be able to do (especially 2nd part of the lap :p )
    There is a bit too much grip (or gears are too long, or engine not enough power) to be able to do that.

15. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Yes, you can in AC do something similar, but not in the same way, you have to "throw" the can and you will begin to slide, but is so hard to maintain the slide playing with throttle. I didn't tested It so much, but feels as you said, with lack of power, long gear ratios, or too much rear grip. You can't power slide easily, you only can throw hard the car.

Maybe is the setup, so I can be mistake, but the feeling I always have when driving AC is there too.

16. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

The whole afternoon testin AC. I don't like it.

For me the physics look ok, in fact they might be great or even the best but ffb doesnt give any car behaviour info, car doesn't answer as you might expect to your inputs, and tyre simulation is not there... and these facts themselves destroy the whole gameplay experience.

At least for the moment rF2 is far better.

17. Domi

Domi Registered

No, I don't agree. I've had pretty big slides with the Abarth with "good-setup-to-achieve-good-laptimes", even my best lap at Vallelunga includes one big powerslide, just because I was on power too early.

Slippery track conditions.

I have never lost the the Skippy in rF2 in such conditions of few steering and constant low throttle. With iRacing in older tire models maybe, but luckily it is much better now.

What's the point of talking about car's telemetry or different feeling if that exact car isn't on AC?

Looking at the sky I wouldn't be surprised if the track was also a bit slippery. Car setup is also important. Who knows, maybe it can explain such behaviour.

Correct, it's not valid.

Slick tires and downforce, if the engine power isn't impressive, means a lot (if track/tire conditions are good). Real drivers are very skilled, but there are also tons of very skilled simracers that they also know how to drive (and also lots of terrible drivers who drive the Ferrari using twice the steering needed, ofc).

18. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

:facepalm:

What time? I did 1 second faster than Costa for now, after around 45 laps at the same track, Vallelunga. 1:32.250 for now. Bit edited setup, never felt like playing with grip.

About the exact car in AC... just because Skip Barber looks identical to real life with this tyre model and physicis, and talking about telemetrys and AC overall feeling It's in other world. And I can't see the same behaviours in AC high spec cars than in real equivalents... Abarth can't be right begining in the weird bouncing suspensions and the imposibility to play because to break grip you have to work in It, and should see in the other way, work to find It. GT2... you can see LOTSof videos of GT2, and even GT3 (less power) losing grip in really weird situations, and other just playing with grip as I can do with GT rF cars. I can't in AC.

The slippery conditions... just see the rubber marks, intact, the smoke when spin... the track It's ok ;)

And what about Ferraris and these cars loing grip in low speed turns in perfect conditions?

GT3, even less power than GT2, but the same kind of tyres:

HE "dance" with the car, he can be in the edge of grip just pushing a little more the throttle pedal when he want.

Or this:

Edit: just watch my other three videos, the previous post... slippery conditions? rain? I only see great conditions, and driver isn't finding the grip car can gives him. Repeat, you have to work to find the grip, not to work to find the grip break.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
  19. Domi

Domi Registered

Faster than yours. By the way, my pb at Silverstone with the F2 in rF2 is 3 full seconds faster than best qualy lap there in real life, does it mean it is also overgrippied and unrealistic? I found it to be one of the best cars in the sim :) and I can also do Silverstone T1 flatout with the F1 and full tank, when F1 drivers need to lift there clearly. So what?

About the videos, really, we can spend our whole lifes finding things that we don't see in our sims (including rF2, but in other areas) or that they look somewhat different.

20. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Because one thing Kunos claimed... is the times compared to real life, he said to match real times you had to work sooo hard and their team also had alien players testing that, and the truth is are really easy to improve. I don't see something wrong improving real lap times, you can push more because the lack of fear, you can do 10000000 laps at the same track at same conditions, in rF2 for now you can rubber the track to full with "few" laps... but in rF2 I get good times practicing and working, and in AC... just in few laps and demonstrating Kunos was mistaken about his times affirmation.

And yes maybe there are things you can see in vids we can't see in rF2 or AC... but I didn't see for now something in a simple YT video not possible in rF2. And for now I saw lots of things from AC that does not match, including some Kunos claims...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.