New build is fabulous.. still horrible online though

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hariseldon, Oct 27, 2013.

1. sg333

sg333 Registered

I think there should be a fun/newbie server running something like Clio's at Lime rock no chicanes with invincibility mode. Easy to drive cars, simple track to learn, no worries about bumping other cars. I could see this being quite popular.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

It would sure deliver many great video's of cars crashing :)

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

#6 .......I made HISTORICS v1.0 mod, that is included.

#7 Howston .........I am adding to HISTORICS v1.0 mod

Why leave out Historics anyway kiddin' to think they are not in the best 7 rooms.

Obviously the very first car you want is F3 .........for training ? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013
  4. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

Simply Put Guys.....the rf1 solution is perfect.

Race anycar, on any track. No vmod creation needed....... Theres maybe 20 cars out for rf2 atm????.....but 1000 variations of vmods containings those same cars/tracks. Like I said, rf1 solution is perfect. All rf1 online needed was some tinkering to be able to find the car and track in use. We didn't need to go to this packaging system where it yields most of the time those 4 photos "mrslfrsl" posted on 10/27 in this subject.

Maybe just add a popup on where to download the track or something. Someone posted having one track per vmod, but that eventually is going to drive us Admins crazy with creating a mod every race.

Simple as that.....

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The rF1 system was far from perfect. Especially if you were not in a league. I would rather have duplicate vmods then duplicate tracks with the same name which you have to hunt down before you can join without a mismatch.

Actually in rF1 you couldn't pick any car and any track. You could only pick a mod and then select cars from that mod only. This isn't a problem in rF2, cars are no longer locked to mods. Vmods are fine, they just need to be disposable and hidden from admins because it makes them get all crazy and want to go back to the old mismatch days of the past.

6. Chris Griffin

Chris Griffin Registered

No complaints here on format for rF2. I've watched a league run this for about a year now and you're not making a vmod every race, they did one rfmod per season and they're done. It isn't as complicated as it may appear.

7. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

lol. no cars are locked to a track in rf1..what sim were u playing??lol if u had a mod, it could be run at whatever you had in your locations folder.... with rf2, ya gotta create a vmod to run at all tracks online. Or choose All cars/tracks in single player.

@Chris, for leagues, yea the system is fine. This whole topic was pretty much on "show up" type players. I could have done better job explaining that in my previous post. my fault.

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Reread my post. I never said cars were locked to tracks. I said cars were locked to "MODS". Which is a fact. You couldn't pick a few cars from one mod, say HistorX and mix them with a few cars from EnduranceSeries without building a new rFm and even that wasn't all you had to do. Some mods didn't mix well due to pathing problems. And please don't tell me that was less work to build an rFm and mix content from various mods vs simply creating a vmod.

Don't lol people without reading first.

9. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

gotcha. mixing mods is what your referring to. Im not referring to that.

this why normally stay outta forum convo.