My Track Modelling Dissertation.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WHAT21A, Oct 10, 2013.

1. WHAT21A

WHAT21A Registered

Hi all, I've been toing and froing whether or not to put this up but I've decided I will.

What is it you may ask, well it's my Dissertation from my final year project I completed at Staffordshire University in the first part of this year.

It is quite long (16,817 words on 88 pages) and includes some useful information, I used a lot of quotes directly from this forum and various other places, I received a first for the paper.

Tell me what you think, maybe you'll even learn something ;) I know I did as I was writing it and doing the practical piece hopefully it's an enjoyable read also, academic writing is not something i'm very good at so this was a big challenge for me.

Feel free to leave comments or ask questions i will do my best to answer them.

Click the image for the download (10mb PDF file)
    [​IMG]

Link to the practical assignment: http://www.whata-designs.com/wp/silverstone-2012-v1-0-released/

If this is in the wrong place let me know and I'll move it.

Shaun

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Great and thanks!

3. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Its great that you would share this. I am sure there is allot of useful info and inspiration for modellers starting out. Nice one!

4. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

How many times did you quote me in this work?

5. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

This dissertation is really great so far, and there's a ton of very useful info in it. Thanks for posting it.

6. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Wow thank you :)

7. maeschba

maeschba Registered

Congratulations. Great project!

8. Radar

Radar Registered

Thanks Shaun. As I said on FB I would read this when I had the chance. I did and it's wonderful to see from your experience the different tools and the preferred tools for various objects like ripple strips. Thank you for posting.

9. A13

A13 Registered

Thank you for posting this.
    It's great to see all the aspects around creating a track described in a scientific manner. Would like to have more of that.
    Also the explanations to the modelling techniques are very interesting. With all the explanations about the game engine, it would be a great tutorial for everybody who wants to start creating a track :)

10. Harmermania

Harmermania Registered

I'm not able to open the PDF - it just links to a jpg of the cover page? Am I doing something wrong? I'd really like to read this.

11. soledad

soledad Registered

Great read Shaun ! I would say an essential read for every budding track builder ! You've put in a lot of work, thanx a lot for sharing !