how to move horizon w/trackir?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jiffymarker, Oct 4, 2013.

1. jiffymarker

jiffymarker Registered

How do I adjust my horizon down to be at eye level while using trackir 5? I'd like the game to keep my preset for pitch, then trackir would use that as a baseline? It seems now I can't have both (correct horizon/trackir)

Edit: "world pitch" vs. head pitch would be nice:)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2013
  2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I use a 'one : one' type of profile so can look down, centre and look back up again. Haven't ever tried to alter any configs to change the default angle and would guess with a ramped profile with deadzones it could be a bit of a pain.

It takes a bit of getting used to but I find it more natural . Like turning off mouse acceleration when you play First Person Shooters.

3. Bart S

Bart S Member

Have you tried changing these in .plr

Glance Rate="14.00000" // Rate to follow controller for glancing
    Look Up/Down Angle="0.50000" // Angle to look up/down (pitch) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
    Leanahead Angle="0.00000" // Angle to lean head (roll) w/ steering in radians (= degrees / 57)
    Look Roll Angle="0.75000" // Angle to lean head (roll) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
    Glance Angle="2.75000" // Angle to look left/right (yaw) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
    Lookahead Angle="0.01923" // Angle to lookahead (yaw) w/ steering in radians (= degrees / 57)
    Head Physics="1.00000" // Fraction of head physics movement applied to cockpit view (position AND rotation)
    Head Rotation="1.00000" // Additional head physics multiplier affecting rotation only
    Exaggerate Yaw="0.00000" // Visually exaggerates the heading angle of the vehicle by rotating the head (which may improve "feel")

4. kaptainkremmen

I think he is talking about the default view pitch when you centre the tracking. It always appears to me to be looking too far towards the floor. (especially if you lower the seat)

5. jiffymarker

jiffymarker Registered

Exactly.
    The only thing that works is if i physically look down, center trackir, look ahead. Doing that however messes up the "in cockpit" pitch (for instance the relationship (parallax) between the guages and the virtual wheel, or the side windows and doors being out of level) I have correct horizon at that point, but the view in the cockpit is not level.
    I'll make a post in the wishlist for a separation between "seat pitch" and "world pitch".

6. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

If seat pitch and world pitch are connected, and you are using track IR, why not adjust the default seat pitch in the plr? Obviously your head tracking should remain the same, but he horizon should move.

7. kaptainkremmen

Screenshots always help.