Any news on the Panoz cars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frank N. O., Aug 30, 2013.

1. Frank N. O.

Frank N. O. Registered

First off, I've tried to search the forum and couldn't find anything new about this, and I'm not sure if this is the right subforum to post it so apologies in advance if I did something wrong.

I love GT racing and Le Mans, and I've grown to love Panoz Esperante GTLM GT2 after racing it in rFactor 1. When early rF2 screenshots came I was overwhelmed with joy at seeing that not only was it going to return but in it's last 2009 specification with a new (much better) front bumper and new fastback roofcover. It's been a while now and I have a few short questions:

1. Is it still comming?

2. Do you have access to the car and it's data so you can make it look, handle and sound close to the real thing (within natural limitations of course)?

3. Was the model in the render the final version? After looking at it closer I noticed that the nose looked flat where the real car's nose is very curved. It also looks like it's using the streetmodel's BBS RX 5-lug wheels and not the different centerlock-design the actual cars used but maybe that's due to licensing? Finally the track seems way too narrow?

I'd also like to say thank you to ISI for their hard work and rFactor 2. Although it may not now look like a finished product compared to big-name arcade games I still have hope and patience and am trying to enjoy what we already have :) I also almost jumpes for joy when I heard about the Bentley Speed 8 and I almost fell down from my seat when I saw the render of the 2013 Nissan GT-R GT500. That render looks absolutely perfect in every shape, the only thing I could see was the front splitter was very deep but I think that's adjustable for each track so in all the shape was totally perfect! Finally a Super GT car in a real sim, I really hope you can get at least some data to make the handling sort-of realistic. Several people can make a good looking 3D model and create sounds but only companies have a change to get access to high-end racecar data. Now if only you could get the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT2/GTE.

Greetings
    Frank

P.S. The Tim Wheatley here wouldn't be my old boss in my days as super moderator at the real (and sadly now gone) RSC would it? If so then hi again :)

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yes Frank, same Tim. :)

Those were the good old days.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

1. Yes.
    2. Was one of the first cars to be done, so it's just a case of doing it. They're going back and forth between brand new cars and bringing up to spec and releasing cars they started sooner. Howston is old, BTCC car is new, for example.
    3. Probably not, they update older models as bets they can prior to release, but that doesn't mean an error would be corrected. It's certainly possible there's an error either due to human error or a bad data set we were given (it happens). Feel free to email me with images highlighted and maybe some text to explain: timw@imagespaceinc.com

I'm talking with Aston Martin. It's an ongoing thing, I'm hopeful.

Yeah, that'll be me. A lot of the young guys don't know how good they have it, huh? ;)

4. jjcook

jjcook Registered

....or what they missed from having only one main sim and everybody at one site who races ....

5. Frank N. O.

Frank N. O. Registered

Noel: Yeah, I really miss them but at least I still got the memories, the video of the RSC Staff Fun Run 1, a screenshot of my forum profile with a RSC Workforce badge, and finally the great usermade FFB H-shifter program :D If only this could be integrated into rFactor.

Tim: Thanks for the quick and good reply, I've just emailed you. And yeah, they really don't know what they're missing with that forum lost, all that history and knowledge.

JJ: One main sim? Hahaha, off-hand I can name 6 different sims that had big active subforums at RSC, both in terms of racing and making add-ons, much of that from scratch and looking just as good as from the commercial games.

6. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I remember the RSC forums. In fact I remember the crash that sent everyone packing to different places. I followed Bram to RD and stayed there for a bit, but ended up at SimRacingPro. Used to have a lot of great races at RSC.

7. Frank N. O.

Frank N. O. Registered

I hope it's ok to revive my own topic since it's related. I was wondering if the license with Panoz is timed like the one with Chevrolet so it might run out before all planned cars were released?

I just saw that Panoz is going to make streetcars again in time for their 25th anniversary. Besides the AIV Roadster then they've appearently just introduced 2 new Esperante models. First an anniversary Spyder with a front similar to the final version of the GT2 racer from 2009 and then a special anniversary Spyder GT which pretty much has the fuil bodykit from the 2009 GT2 except the ram-air intakes and side-exhuasts. Will either of those come to rF2 as well, like rF1 had all Esperante street-versions? They also list the GTR-1 as available for sale.....

Btw, any idea if the GT2 will be released this year and do you have a deal with any of the teams to use their liveries? As said before then I'm very much up for helping you with beta-testing the car.